project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Organizing troops  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Moggs

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Organizing troops
« on: December 30, 2009, 05:16:53 pm »
Hello! Just found this game yesterday, and I have to say very well done to all involved, and thank you for the entertainment you have provided.

My questions are specifically about organizing troops, having carried out searches and not found anything.

Version 2.1.1.

1. Is there a way to re-name troops on their equipment screen?
- This would be useful to allow labelling of close quarters, assault, medic etc so that it's obvious who has which role. At this time, I'm having to flip back to the previous screen, re-name them and then equip them, and keep doing so until I'm all set.

2. This one is more of a suggestion on re-naming troops
- When renaming, it doesn't seem possible to insert characters before the name without deleting the whole thing. My use for this was to append an identifier relating to their role before the name. This along with allowing renaming on the equipment screen would make things much easier.

3. A final question on organization
- Is there any other way that will allow me to identify troops according to their roles other than inserting a characters into their name or giving them coloured suits? The name method is a bit awkward due to number 2 above, and the suit colours, while assisting on the battlefield, don't help me to remember to who is who on the deployment screen without having to select them. Being able to tell who is who at a glance would be excellent.

All the best :)
Moggs
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:21:25 pm by Moggs »

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Organizing troops
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 07:42:39 pm »
Cool, I use the same strategies of organizing my troops. :)

CC 5 SN 6  James Smith (meaning: "close combat 50-59 skill, sniper 60-69 skill") => so I know what the soldier is good at and how good he is. :)

In version 2.3 you can assign different uniform colors which is useful to find you close combat soldiers and distinguish them from your snipers.

So I support the proposal to make "renaming" easier and enable the option in the equipment screen.

Andy

Offline poppadrake

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Organizing troops
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 07:44:14 pm »
I've just been using the uniform colors for soldier type and then assigning to assault/cover teams according to weapon and skill once on the map.  Haven't used 2.3 much yet, though.