project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: problem with reaction fire in the first round  (Read 2496 times)

ChemBro

problem with reaction fire in the first round
« on: December 16, 2009, 12:42:16 pm »
In svn r27489 (and several revisions before), I have a problem with the reaction fire system. In the first round of a mission, if I crouch with a soldier (for example someone with a sniper rifle) and he has only 12 TU left before he crouches, he is crouching, has 9 TU left and the reaction fire is turned on. The problem is, that I cannot move him anymore, because of the (12 TU consuming) reaction fire and I also cannot turn off the reaction fire, because I cannot turn off any reaction fire, if the soldier has less TU left, than the reaction fire needs.

Also after the first round (beginning of the second round), everyone (except grenade launchers etc.) has reaction fire turned on. You can turn that off, so it's not so bad as the problem above, but it annoys me, because I need to turn it off for everyone, because in the first something rounds, you (mostly [in my case]) have to walk around fast to get in position and then enable reaction fire.

Playing on Arch Linux.

Offline Halleth

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: problem with reaction fire in the first round
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 01:42:17 pm »
Quick solution would be to add a simple check if soldier has enough TUs before turning the reaction fire on.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 03:40:58 pm »
Quick solution would be to add a simple check if soldier has enough TUs before turning the reaction fire on.

However that's not a solution just a workaround.

-geever

Offline Halleth

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 06:27:12 pm »
It depends how it is implemented. If "swap reaction fire" is a method of "actor" class, it would be straighforward to add "if" inside this method.

Unfortunately, I have no time to read the code :(

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 07:14:03 pm »
It depends how it is implemented. If "swap reaction fire" is a method of "actor" class, it would be straighforward to add "if" inside this method.

Sorry, I got you wrong. I thought you'd suggested ChemBro to check TUs before clicking. :)
I'll check this callback. It shouldn't be difficult to fix.

-geever