project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Dropship healing area  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Delphis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Dropship healing area
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:14:33 pm »
I noticed on the dropship that there is a texture with a medical red cross on the wall. It would be nice if your injured units could go there and recover health over time. I tend to pull out soldiers that are injured beyond a certain amount. Especially since now the medikits don't actually DO anything, I don't know why that was changed? Using 2.3-dev (December 1 release)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:16:23 pm by Delphis »

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Dropship healing area
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 06:12:06 am »
Unfortunately, if injured units could go to a certain area and recover health over time in combat, it would mean that there would be no injured units at all once combat ended since even if they recovered health at like 1 per turn, 100 turns is really fast and that's full health for most people...

I'm not sure why medikits don't do anything right now, I'll look into it.

Offline joe davis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 04:29:10 am »
Not using the 2.3 because it sounds like it's still in beta, but I don't see why the drop ship couldn't do the same thing as another soldier does.  I back off my injured soldiers and have other soldiers heal him, or her while in mission.  It's quicker and easier than going all the way back to the drop ship, and the soldiers are kept healthy with minimal downtime.  A Drop ship auto medic would be decent in some battles, and if it healed to the same extent as other soldiers then what would be wrong with that?

Offline Xune

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 04:50:00 pm »
I agree with this sentiment. There are acceptable pros and cons here, especially if the proposed health system in this thread comes to fruition.

A soldier not immediately tended but making their own way back to the drop ship will be bleeding out and may fall unconscious or die from their wounds. They also now have their back to the fight and could suffer additional wounds. Once in the drop ship they wont be able to see very much of their surroundings and are susceptible to ambush. I don't know about the healing rate, that's open to balance but I don't think it would be unfair to expect similar healing properties as a team mate would administer, especially if the proposed functionality of treating wounds vs healing is implemented. Then of course the soldier has to get back to the fight.

In my opinion this would be the lesser option for treating a wounded soldier but choice is a fine thing.