project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 26960 possiblebug with time units and reservation?  (Read 4566 times)

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
26960 possiblebug with time units and reservation?
« on: November 21, 2009, 12:19:28 am »
Is it me or i have a problem with time units and reservation on this version of the game?

First, i notice that my characters are not able to do so many things in a round, and thats because of:
second point - sometimes i will have my characters with a lots amount (like 18) tu for reservation while there is nothing! I go to the buttom and popup menu where i can choose to have no reservation, neither reaction fire mod and i still have reservation units . I dont get. Can you explain me whats is happening or is that really a bug? I hope i was clear on my explanation lol but my english is not good enough for explain myself better :-)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 26960 possiblebug with time units and reservation?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 09:25:46 am »
Is it me or i have a problem with time units and reservation on this version of the game?

First, i notice that my characters are not able to do so many things in a round, and thats because of:
second point - sometimes i will have my characters with a lots amount (like 18) tu for reservation while there is nothing! I go to the buttom and popup menu where i can choose to have no reservation, neither reaction fire mod and i still have reservation units . I dont get. Can you explain me whats is happening or is that really a bug? I hope i was clear on my explanation lol but my english is not good enough for explain myself better :-)

Are you sure you have no RF reservation set?

-geever

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 12:40:57 pm »
Well, i will check that again and even take a picture so you can help me with the problem.

Not today (i cant) but tomorrow i will to that.

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 12:51:27 pm »
Here goes the image, attached

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 07:06:37 pm »
Here goes the image, attached

Okay, it's strange. How could we reproduce that?

-geever

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 08:24:15 pm »
This is a bit of a wild guess, but it may have to do with a feature of the morale level.  I remember one mission I was playing where many civilians and my own soldiers died, and morale was very low - I then discovered that I couldn't turn off reaction fire, which at first I thought was a bug, and then I looked at the console which told me that soldier such-and-such is panicked or shaken-up and refuses to let their guard down.  It could be that this feature is buggy and possibly kicking in when morale isn't low, and preventing reaction fire/reserved time from being turned off.

This could be a long shot, but I'd suggest loading a mission where this bug happens, let it happen at least once, and check the console to see if anything strange is going on in the console messages.

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Found the problem i think.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 07:28:08 pm »
Well, i think i may have found the problem but not the solution (it seems really like a bug, keep reading). I tried in skirmish mode. It was in the 1st turn of the game so the problem cant be because of morality i suppose. You pick up a soldier and then you choose some units for reservation (its the butom for reservation, not the one for reaction fire). Then you click ok. Now, you will see that under the TU bar you will have something saying that you have units for reservation. For example, 8 (for a snap shot, whatever).

Now, go back again to the reservation window and choose "no reservation" and click ok, and then you will see that there is a bug, because the text saying that you have some units for reservation (in the example, the 8 will not disapear. Also you will see that in fact you cant do so many thing because of these "ghost" units.

Please, see if i am correct in my problem. If this is a bug, my advice for players (until the bug is solved) is to not choose nothing for reservation.

EDIT: sorry moderators, i had to edit because the number 8, in the original post transformed into a  8) for no reason lol.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 10:37:23 pm »
Fixed in r27156. Thanks for reporting.

-geever

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 10:45:01 pm »
where can io get that new version ? in that way i wont be reporting bugs that are already fixed :-)

really sorry, i tought that the 262960 version was the most recent.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 11:26:48 pm »
Don't worry, geever meant that he fixed it after and *because of* your report :)
So keep on reporting.

You can only get that version by compiling current trunk.

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 11:30:42 pm »
oh! ok :-)

I think i will stick myself to the most recent autocompelling version, the 26960 and let the harder work for experts :-)

I will keep playing on this version searching for bugs :)

see u!

(and thread can be closed if moderators wish, just my suggestion)