project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Final release ever? & suggestion on sell items  (Read 2850 times)

Offline cpsogoj

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Final release ever? & suggestion on sell items
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:54:18 pm »
This topic is about two distintict matters:
1) Will ever exist a final version of the game or is this a game in constant development without prediction of a final version? When can we expect a real solid version that can be pleyed from start to end with a complete story? :-)

2) I think that the selling system on the game can be boring sometimes because of a small problem: you click the buttom to purchose/increase an item on your stock, right? So, you loose money, lets say 1000. Now, if you do the opposite right after that(sell the item/decrease from stock), then item will be sold for less money (lets say, 900). So, you will be loosing money. I see that this is ok because creates economic balance in the game. The problem is, that if, well buying items, you buy something as a mistake (you buy another item or you buy more items than you should) and you try to undo (i mean, decrase/sell) that, you will be always loosing money.

There should be a way to avoid this i think. Not big of a problem but sometimes gets annoying :-)

Thanks for reading :)

bye!

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Final release ever? & suggestion on sell items
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:58:35 pm »
Well, for the first question, there is a finalized plot - you can find it in the forum - and when the game reaches the end of that I'm guessing there might be a little bug-fixing before the final version.  It'll be interesting to see who's around by then.

Mattn could probably give you a better answer on what the plan will be at that point - if he has any plans right now, that day isn't anywhere near yet.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 10:03:21 pm »
For the second: The market system will be reimplemented (hopefully in 2.4) so they work rather like transfers.

-geever

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:07:16 am »
A final version would be kinda cool.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 02:05:16 am »
Why do you want a 'final version' ??
There is always room for improvement...

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 02:12:19 am »
Well, considering we have a ways to go, we certainly have more than enough time right now to decide, it's not like we need to make these types of plans right now...