project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Ammunition disappearing...  (Read 13189 times)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ammunition disappearing...
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 03:02:03 pm »
It's not. User creates templates. Program remembers states.
As a user, I don't want a template for every soldier I have.

What the hell do you want with this?
Yes, a full (extra) inventory will be saved to characters' data which is the same as I plan to store equipment template selected for soldiers..

-geever

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Ammunition disappearing...
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 08:30:39 pm »
I think you two are talking about two things that are related, but not quite the same thing to be implemented in the future.

There are already plans for player-configurable templates, meaning if a player has a favorite combination of weapons, armor, and items that he/she wants to equip exactly the same for a number of soldiers it can be done, provided of course enough of those items are in storage.  This would allow all soldiers on a dropship to have the exact same inventory and gear combination if desired, or have one setup for snipers, another for heavy weapons, etc.

This is very close to but not exactly the same thing as how the game internally keeps track of what ammunition gets spent during a battle mission and what will be in each soldier's inventory after a mission and then later when the dropship returns to a base.

Whether you call either of these "states" or "templates" or whatever I'm not going to argue.

Edit:  If none of that makes sense, then let me just say that both of these issues will likely be addressed and worked on in the code at some point in the future, hopefully soon.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:33:42 pm by Destructavator »