project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Keyboard lag in tactical combat  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Karstedt

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Keyboard lag in tactical combat
« on: November 13, 2009, 01:28:14 am »
I'm having some trouble in tactical mode with moving the camera about. Scrolling works fine, but when I try to adjust the rotation or angle it's extremely laggy and often unresponsive. I have to hold down the left or right arrow for several seconds to get rotation and then it usually rotates too far because I had to hold down the key just to get it to move. It's the same for tilt/angle controls. This also effects the level/layer adjustment, but only when using the keyboard. When I click the level buttons along the left side there is no lag or stalling. I almost think this is some kind of keyboard lag as everything works just fine when I only use the mouse.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I found one thread describing the exact opposite problem, mouse lag instead of keyboard commands lagging. He said that turning off threaded optimization fixed it, but the drivers I have (NVIDIA 182.08) don't have that option that I can find.

Update: After seeing how many other people fixed their problems (seemingly unrelated to mine) by setting the "sys_priority" to 0. I went ahead and did the same, and it fixed my problem. This really should be set to 0 as a default as it seems to cause a lot of trouble.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:42:39 am by Karstedt »