project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: hint X-COM remake in the works with 2K  (Read 9960 times)

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: hint X-COM remake in the works with 2K
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:39:02 pm »
Yeah, cant wait to see what 2K does with it.

Offline poppadrake

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 11:18:24 pm »
Any hope of a version for Mac?

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 07:23:01 am »
no offence to MACs, but who cares? You'd have to spend $1500 on a new MAC just to be able to play it becuase something in your old MAC was too slow

Offline poppadrake

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 08:17:57 pm »
no offence to MACs, but who cares? You'd have to spend $1500 on a new MAC just to be able to play it becuase something in your old MAC was too slow
so that would be Yes? Lol! Guess I'll find out, huh?

Ain Soph Aur

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 10:03:20 pm »

maybe he has a new MAC ... ???

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 04:33:47 am »
either way, 2K has a good history with games, but X-Com will be a challenge to not be a flop. If they screw up, all their good rep will go down the pooper

Offline kokon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 07:27:54 pm »
2K was fine reincornaiting civilisation.
I hope they will remake ufo.
If they will do exact copy of xcom adding just very few features they will have something to upgrade later.

Offline earthlyrays

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 06:21:20 pm »
I think 2k will do a good job with this.  They seem to be doing a great job with everything they have put out, with the exception of MLB 2k lol

Offline Jeep-Eep

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 06:37:23 pm »
I think they could do it. But they'd better not bodger it up. Hope that old curse that follows X-com spirtual sucessors doesn't strike again. /X-com fan that remembers interceptor. and UFO.  :-X

Offline Legendman3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 07:38:23 pm »
I hope they improve the grphics to a higher higher quality just because i like and can run very high quality

Offline masssiveego

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 12:10:32 pm »
so far every single remake I have ever seen has gotten worse.  They should quit doing that real time thing.
It's like the game gets worse and worse as time goes on trying to a game it's not supposed to be.
I mean a 3d first person shoot for x-com?  I rather they take a page from starcraft, command and conquer and
star control to make a better game.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:34:02 pm by masssiveego »

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 04:53:02 pm »
so far every single remake I have ever seen has gotten worse.  I personally I would like to find the company
and ship them off to some war torn country so they would quit doing that real time thing.
It's like the game gets worse and worse as time goes on trying to a game it's not supposed to be.
I mean a 3d first person shoot for x-com?  I rather they take a page from starcraft, command and conquer and
star control to make a better game.

Looks like somebody got here first to say the bad news.
But on a slightly related thing, how would they have taken a page from Star Control?

Offline masssiveego

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 01:10:10 am »
From Star Control..
A few things, the aliens coming after our world, probably would have some enemies of their own.
Having a few "converted" aliens, or alien verse alien violence as a playable character would be useful.
As well as the easy to use Alien artifact upgrades to weaponary and stats.

For example, in star control, you can add more crew to a ship if your found a precursor object.
This can be added to X-com on certain missions that could point to an alien technology or be utilitzed for alien technology.
Maximum 60 rounds of ammunition to say a machine gun.. improvements via another alien technology
may allow for 100 rounds of ammo per clip, or new kind of rounds of ammuntion.  if you stop to think
about it, why didn't X-com develop new kinds of armor piercing ammo made out of alien material?

Others could be direct interrogations with the aliens, as a storyline side feature for dealing with alien races.

If not the hundreds of weapons ideas from star control, how about a cloaked alien, or an alien with a power shield that
is rendered bulletproof etc..

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:34:43 pm by masssiveego »

Offline Deilure

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 12:37:24 pm »
I heard that this new remake is to take place in the 50's.  Sounds like a bad move imo, as the tasteless, boring, and almost comical qualities that usually characterize 50's aliens don't belong in the X-Com universe.  Not to mention all the chrome and shiny metals used in construction.  It's just too sterile for X-Com.  Hopefully they won't go down that route.

Besides that, I feel as though the way the original X-Com was set in modern, present times gave it a better fear factor.  Almost as though an invasion could really happen.  It at least made you think about the possibility.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:43:00 pm by Deilure »