project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can't Load Saved Game  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Fael

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Can't Load Saved Game
« on: November 01, 2009, 06:43:56 pm »
Dev 2.3 Build 26313 (most recently compiled Mac build) as downloaded from http://www.stb04.nccom.com/ftp/UfoAi/build-26313/

PPC G5 running OSX 10.5.8.

Games saved in one session cannot be loaded in later sessions.  When the game is launched and the Load option is selected, all save slots are blank (both in appearance and behavior).

Saving a game appears to work normally and functions as expected until the game is actually quit.  I can go back as far as the main menu and then reload, the Continue button works fine, and it's possible to save and restore multiple games, provided that I don't actually exit the UFOAI application.  Once the application has been closed, all saved games disappear from the list.

When I select the Save option for the first time after launching UFOAI, all save slots appear blank.  However, if I select a save slot that I saved a game in during a previous session, the name of that game appears in the save slot.  However, there is no way to restore that game -- the name ONLY appears in the Save Game menu, not the Load Game menu.

I do still have 2.2.1 installed.  However, this behavior persists whether or not saved game names from my 2.2.1 installation are duplicated.