project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: exist any difference between the Linux version and Windows version?  (Read 2019 times)

Offline sboorbou

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm Braziliam and because this I can't write in ingles very well, so, forgive mi errors.

I play ufo ai in linux machine, but screens shots and updates and fixes is not in my game.... I had downloaded the last stable version, the 2.2.1.... but is diferent... is not the same....

had i did somentig wrong?

And the translations? dont exist texts when i use de ufopedia or try research.. itens dont have texts...

I play it in portuguese.... and use ubuntu 9.10, UFO AI 2.2.1

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: exist any difference between the Linux version and Windows version?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 02:29:21 pm »
At least the missing texts for items is a problem/bug on the 2.2.1. Others are most likely bugs too.
The 2.2.1 is an old, very old, version of the UFO:AI but because the 2.3 branch is not stable and finished yet they can't release it. It has a lot of bugfixes (some new features introduced other bugs however) and new features though.

Ain Soph Aur

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 03:01:23 pm »
if you want to try the current version, download the last release in this post: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2830.0

but as Hertzila said, the 2.3 version is not complete yet!

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 05:09:14 pm »
Also the portugese translation is not complete (see homepage, translation status).

You are welcome to help with the translation ;)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 10:30:19 pm »
And the translations? dont exist texts when i use de ufopedia or try research.. itens dont have texts...

I play it in portuguese.... and use ubuntu 9.10, UFO AI 2.2.1

I remember ufoai packages on getdeb were broken and had no translations. If you got the linux version there that's the reason for no texts.

On linux compilation is easy. You can compile the very latest 2.3-dev version for yourself if you would like. Here you can find how to do: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Debian

-geever