project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO:AI User-submitted-video ad!  (Read 1766 times)

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
UFO:AI User-submitted-video ad!
« on: October 28, 2009, 02:34:39 am »
Ok, so I was just sitting at my desk, playing games that required no thought, when the idea of putting together an ad for UFO:AI came to me, and I thought it would be particularly cool if it were made of vids other users had made, be it acutal in-game, or videos made from importing content and making a video that way.
If anyone is interested, here are some rough guidlines:
Please no low-quality videos. People have to be able to see whats going on
Please keep the videos to about 30 seconds. I dont want it to be a long ad, but it still needs to look cool.
Give name for both video, map (if playing the game), and you (real or screen-name are acceptable)
Upload video in a compressed folder somewhere for download

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: UFO:AI User-submitted-video ad!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 04:01:30 am »
I remember when I made the video trailers for past releases, it sure has been a while.

I was actually thinking for some time of putting together something like this as an in-between release teaser to show how much things have changed since 2.2.1, but haven't had the time - If you want to do it I think that would be great.

I'm in favor of this idea, although I also have one additional suggestion:  When uploading video, provide the SVN revision number for each file, perhaps the ad could show features in various progressing revisions that way.  Also showing off which platform (operating system) the clip is from might be nice as well.