project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Little problem with map "Bridge"  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Screet

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Little problem with map "Bridge"
« on: September 28, 2009, 10:35:40 am »
Hi,

I've got a little problem with the map "Bridge" (R26356). An UFO that was shot down was located close to the bridge, leaving a Muton walking ON the bridge. The bridge is pretty high and it seems that there's no way up there. The Muton apparantly could not leave the center part of the bridge, thus I could not reach him with grenades. Shooting at him also did not work, as the bridge provides too much cover being so high.

Maybe I miss some way to shoot up there?

However, the general thing is, that there's no way up to the bridge, thus I don't even see how an alien could be placed in an unreachable spot initially, which appears to be a bug to me.

Any suggestions?

Screet

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Little problem with map "Bridge"
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:02:05 pm »
I can confirm that there is an alien starting point upon the bridge, so at least it's not a bug in the code.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 06:23:56 pm »
thanks for reporting - should be fixed in r26378

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:19:53 am »
Yeah, so i have found a couple interesting things, right from the start. Just got the mission loaded, and heres what I found (Check screenshot) (as of R26401)

Just for clarifcation, it looks like the dropship tile is out of place, and the windmill blades are not rotating properly

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 03:35:57 am »
If I recall right, that map is one of the ones that has been updated or fixed since that revision.

FYI: I'm actually rebuilding all maps right now in my working copy and plan to have a new installer uploaded by sometime tomorrow.  Since that revision a number of other fixes have been made to the game in general as well, including a potential fix for the nasty blackness on the geoscape that some people experience.