project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Phalanx-Com?  (Read 4088 times)

Offline LarzAluphe

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Phalanx-Com?
« on: September 18, 2009, 03:07:27 am »
No Idea where to put this, and it's probably been suggested before, but after getting into this amazing game, I thought of an idea:

Making Phalanx ships look like X-Com ships (and maybe even the soldiers). So, as a person who's only done Code-Modding in games, I must ask. Is it possible to make Phalanx Ships and Units look like X-Com ships and rookies? This would be doing, say, turning the current beginning-game soldier transport ship into a Skyranger, turning Male soldiers into the whole Guile haircut X-Com rookies we all (hopefully) know and love.

Once again, just asking if it's possible.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Phalanx-Com?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:29:24 am »
The original X-COM program is a commercial and copyrighted program, and that copyright covers all parts of it, including the artwork, so I would guess "no."

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:29:55 am »
It is possible but we won't do. All you need to do is creating the models for them, and replacing the original ones (or modify scripts) but for soldier models you will need to create animations too. And of course datafiles of XCom can't be used in UFO:AI (different format) you have to recreate those ships, soldiers from scratch.

-geever

Offline LarzAluphe

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:36:20 pm »
It is possible but we won't do. All you need to do is creating the models for them, and replacing the original ones (or modify scripts) but for soldier models you will need to create animations too. And of course datafiles of XCom can't be used in UFO:AI (different format) you have to recreate those ships, soldiers from scratch.

-geever
Alright, that's cool. I was just wondering if someone made the Models/Animations and such if it was possible.