project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Minor economic tweak  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Profit-

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Minor economic tweak
« on: September 13, 2009, 11:20:29 pm »
I actually am betting this is already planned but if its not:

It would be nice to have dynamic values for revenue from countries, not the static values based solely on if they are happy or sad at the moment.

Example

America's attitude is exuberant: In month one they give you 56,000 credits.. Month two 57.600 Credits, Month three 58300 credits.

Now lets say they are unhappy.... Month one they give you 40,000 month two 35,000  Month three 31,4000..

Perhaps also factor in UFO sales, as it seems reasonable if a country gets cool toys from you, they would give you more, like add 500 credits a month on to whatever country you sell a ufo to...

This kinda simulates the economic effects of being successful and unsuccessful at defending the planet as well..

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Minor economic tweak
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 10:10:50 am »
I actually am betting this is already planned but if its not:

It would be nice to have dynamic values for revenue from countries, not the static values based solely on if they are happy or sad at the moment.

Example

America's attitude is exuberant: In month one they give you 56,000 credits.. Month two 57.600 Credits, Month three 58300 credits.

Now lets say they are unhappy.... Month one they give you 40,000 month two 35,000  Month three 31,4000..

Perhaps also factor in UFO sales, as it seems reasonable if a country gets cool toys from you, they would give you more, like add 500 credits a month on to whatever country you sell a ufo to...

This kinda simulates the economic effects of being successful and unsuccessful at defending the planet as well..

i suggested something similar and was told that so far it's outside of the remit of the game as it currently stands and that they are focusing on improving what they have, and not on adding completely new features.

Offline Profit-

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 02:14:27 am »
i suggested something similar and was told that so far it's outside of the remit of the game as it currently stands and that they are focusing on improving what they have, and not on adding completely new features.

I understand not wanting to add new features, but this is a minor economic tweak taking into account the expansion of the defense force on earth, and its expenses.   The static values just do not hold up well now that the new economic system is in place.   Perhaps just an static inflationary number like multiplying the base value by 1.003x(The number of days since start)  Otherwise players will likely hit a ceiling very quick out of the gate and be reduced to cheap tricks to maintain their bases.

AND we were told to discuss the new economic values... so here we are discussing them =)

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 08:31:09 pm »
I think as long as the economic side of the game stays somewhat simple, it is not that bad to add this or that feature here or there.

We all know that this game will never become an economic simulation anyway :)