project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Epic Mode  (Read 3357 times)

Rawcactus

Epic Mode
« on: September 02, 2009, 04:28:39 pm »
I think the game should be able to continue unendning, still spawning random ufo landings, even though the game is completed. Like the epic mode in civilization. Lets say game end, but you can click "keep playing" if you want, or just be happy you won. 

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:46:08 am »
I think the game should be able to continue unendning, still spawning random ufo landings, even though the game is completed. Like the epic mode in civilization. Lets say game end, but you can click "keep playing" if you want, or just be happy you won. 

well on civ after you have global dominance there is no point in playing, if you get one of the fuzzy wins then you can keep playing for the dominance one as well.

with this one after you reach the stories end you already have all the weapon to take out the aliens with ease so what point is there to keeping playing

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 12:24:05 am »
Just out of curiosity: How long in terms of ingame-time does it approximately take until i can "win"?
I didn't get there yet so i can't actually say how it works, but up to now you'll win by destroying the alien base if i got that right, yes?
Then it would be quite simple to play it infinitely... don't destroy that base ;) If you overpowered them and rid them of their foothold on earth - why shouldn't you have won by that? Those Aliens aren't stupid - if they get their asses kicked too badly then i suppose they'll go find some easier victims in another part of the galaxy :D

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 09:57:35 am »
Just out of curiosity: How long in terms of ingame-time does it approximately take until i can "win"?
I didn't get there yet so i can't actually say how it works, but up to now you'll win by destroying the alien base if i got that right, yes?
Then it would be quite simple to play it infinitely... don't destroy that base ;) If you overpowered them and rid them of their foothold on earth - why shouldn't you have won by that? Those Aliens aren't stupid - if they get their asses kicked too badly then i suppose they'll go find some easier victims in another part of the galaxy :D

well as it currently stands you can't *win* just run out of story

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:46:57 pm »
i do think my "win" and your *win* mean quite the same ;)

So... how long does it take to run out of story? (There is a story ark in the game atm? :D )

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 11:18:20 am »
i do think my "win" and your *win* mean quite the same ;)

So... how long does it take to run out of story? (There is a story ark in the game atm? :D )

in the stable version it runs out at the first infection mission IIRC

not sure on the Dev Version