project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: bugged alien on map "UFO Landed"  (Read 5833 times)

Offline Riker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
bugged alien on map "UFO Landed"
« on: September 08, 2009, 07:21:52 pm »
v2.3 r26082, second terror mission, alien ship landed in industrial area in sydney, one of the four enemies shoots from the ship, but he is not only nowhere on the ship, but also nowhere on the map. after 5 attempts (with him being nowhere on the map) I gave up and auto-missioned it.

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
Re: bugged alien on map "UFO Landed"
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 07:31:17 pm »
not enougth information. 2.3 doesn`t contain scripted missions, all missions spawned randomly and can be different from play to play.

We need in your ufoconsole.log.

PS: There is a known problem with «aliens try to shoot through walls»

Offline Riker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 11:32:36 pm »
Yeah I noticed that maps are random, but as I said, it happened regardless of how the map was spawned. I don't have any logs (should have copied them, I guess...) but I still have the savegame from before the attack, so I'll try to replicate that bug tomorrow and post the log.

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 01:22:47 am »
i think i know what he means.
Happens to my quite often, in a lot of different maps... Aliens tend to get stuck in stuff... like the green tank thinks inside the UFO or parts of the scattered parts of a shot down Scout. You can't see them unless you move into the exact same space and they sometimes seem not to be able to get out on their own - so if they don't shoot at you it's... quite problematic to know where they are.

Where can i see my revision no., btw? ;) It's the Dev Version from 5th of September though.

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 02:06:24 am »
yea saw same thingy one time saw an taaman walking on the roof of harvester

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 10:47:28 pm »
Where can i see my revision no., btw? ;) It's the Dev Version from 5th of September though.
Nowhere (for technical reasons).
If you use an installer from odie or Destructavator, they should state the rev somewhere.
If you compile your own from svn, you should take notes about the rev.

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 01:44:10 am »
Ah, thanks! Mine would have been r26052 and r26082 then

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 08:58:32 pm »
saw in new version 2 weird things 1 thing stuckaliens is one thing but saw also my soldier can go thru solid parts of crashed scouts and fighters another things i saw aiming tip show wrong % chances 5/6 bursts at chance 0% i got perfect hit sometimes miss at 76-85 % well if it happen 1 or 2 times would be ok but it happen often

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 11:00:51 pm »
my soldier can go thru solid parts of crashed scouts and fighters
If it happens please tell us the mapname (found in the log) and take a screenshot.

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 12:07:49 am »
it's on all maps with totally destroyed UFOs (see the screens, haven't seen one of those maps without that bug), those non-solid obstacles are the main reason for invisible aliens on those maps.

I'll attach some screens... first screen: that alien was invincible in that spot, i couldn't even hit it with a stun rod or explosives. 100% hit chance, but still all missed.
screen 2&3: hidden alien -> move into it = visible.
The parts where they can hide in are the one to the right and the whole thing under which the dead civilian lies. Also when the aliens start their move in one of those tiles you won't see them move... and they really like that. Found 4 aliens hiding in the same square once...
same goes for the above mentioned Tank-Things inside UFOs. For example on that africa map ( in south america :D), see screen 4. (and i fear there is another one in the other room's inventory, too - so i won't be able to win this map :D

Quote from: gerald
another things i saw aiming tip show wrong % chances 5/6 bursts at chance 0% i got perfect hit sometimes miss at 76-85 % well if it happen 1 or 2 times would be ok but it happen often
Those to-hit percentages aren't working at all, i regularly hit with 0% chances. With hight percentages it's almost fine, but low ones definitely aren't displayed right.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:06:40 am by Tlactar »

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 01:14:03 am »
ok, he wasn't hiding in there, he managed to climb out of the cockpit, crouch over the UFOs front and jump down...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:16:23 am by Tlactar »

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 12:56:24 pm »
I tried with fighter_crash.map, but the fighter parts there look very different from those on your screenshots.

it's on all maps with totally destroyed UFOs (see the screens, haven't seen one of those maps without that bug)

So you see, your statement above is simply not *precise* enough for bughunting.
Just give me *one* map where it *does* happen ;)

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 12:58:52 pm »
One more thing:
I assume your soldiers could NOT walk into those tiles where the aliens were so well protected, right ?

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 01:08:37 pm »
i'll give you a map name as soon as i stumble upon one of them again. And... my soldiers CAN walk through them, too. That's the only way to find those aliens :D
I'll have to correct myself about that "all" statement anyways, just found a another map where those tiles were solid.

About the second map (the one with the walkable UFO roof) - the log is attached to the post above, but i guess the name was "africa"
CM_LoadMap: "-africa/af_ +craft_ufo_harvester +craft_drop_firebird +empty5 +house5 +fence1 +house2" "-16 -16 0 -40 -8 0 -24 -16 0 -40 -16 0 -24 0 0 -24 8 0"
Map:africa/af_craft_ufo_harvester  Offset:(-16, -16, 0)

edit:
map name for the non-solid tiles would be "crashed ufo" for example, see last entry in ufoconsole.log
attached is a screen with people standing inside those objects and a save right before one of those missions, if needed.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 03:11:51 pm by Tlactar »

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 09:24:56 pm »
Thanks, that was helpful :)
Been able to reproduce it on ufocrash RMA.
The actor walks right through the parts of the scout as if it wasn't there.
No clue yet.