project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Problem with my FPS  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Macatu

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Problem with my FPS
« on: February 04, 2010, 09:29:41 am »
Hi, i downloaded the game yesterday and was very motivated to play it. And all seems to be fine, but now i have Problems with my FPS. In geoscape and base i have about 50-60 fps. But when i click to equip planes its about 30 fps, when i come to the screan where i have to equip my soliers ots about 6fps -.-. same in tactical missions, just 2-6 fps. I have a g-force 8500 512mb, its with 2.2.1 hope u can help me :(

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with my FPS
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 09:49:06 am »
Are you using the MS Windows drivers (that can come from Windows update)?  Or drivers direct from the manufacturer website?

The latter works better with UFO: AI.

Offline Macatu

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:30:40 am »
im not sure....im kind of dumb -.-. Hmm can u specificate your question, so that i get an idea of what u mean^^

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 11:02:44 am »
OK, I'll re-phrase my words:

When you first set up your computer, where did you get the drivers for your video card?

If your video card drivers came from Windows Update, you have the MS drivers, which do not work well for UFO: AI and can cause problems.

If you get your video card drivers from the website of the company that made your video card, those would be a much better choice.

Example:  If you have an NVIDIA video card, it would be best to go to NVIDIA's website and download drivers directly from there - do *not* get them from Windows Update.

- - - - - - - - - - -

BTW, not knowing English as your first language does *not* make you "dumb," we have plenty of forum members here who don't know English as their first language, and some who only know a little.  If you have difficulty feel free to ask any of us to repeat something and say it another way, or tell us what language you're good at and we'll try to help you.  (Myself, I personally speak English first but I also know a little German/Deutsch).

Offline Macatu

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 11:09:11 am »
you are very gentle, thx 4 that.
Now i download newest driver from nvidea website. I have geforceGT 8500. I will install this driver soon, when dl is finished and will try to play UFO AI, hope it is better than. I was so happy when i heard about this project, i am a big fan of terror from the deep. And ufo aftermath, which i have is not as good as yours imho.
thanks again for your good mannerd, its rare @ www :/

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 11:14:13 am »
You're welcome.

Just so you know, we're getting close to releasing the next version of this game, 2.3.  Although it isn't officially released yet and still has some bugs, you can already download a test EXE installer if you want to try it out.  The 2.2.1 version you're currently playing is over a year old.

Welcome to the forum.

Offline Macatu

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 11:25:06 am »
ohhh......yeah.....soooo happy now....argh, i wonder what little things can human making so happy...like me now :D.

I dled newest driver and now i have in all screens 50-60 fps...so much thanks for helping me!

And what u say about newest version....today in the morning i dled it, to try if i have same fps problems there, but when i want to install i get a error massage. So install was stoped. But now i can play 2.2.1! and thats making me so glad!

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:31:48 pm »
...but when i want to install i get a error massage. So install was stoped.

What was the error message you got?