project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Need some help here  (Read 3760 times)

Offline zollac

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Need some help here
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:03:34 pm »
I'm translating the game into Traditional Chinese recently and I have some question to ask:
How should I test my translation? I mean when I use my mo file (based on the po file on your website) some of the ingame text can't display correct, like the mails (it only shows something like alien_material_txt instead of the report). And somehow the large and small hangar is still in English (can't find them in the po file).

Also, in the language setting section both Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese are displayed as "中文" (Chinese). It is a little bit confusing IMO. Maybe you can change it to "中文 (简体)" (Simplified Chinese) and "中文 (繁體)" (Traditional Chinese)? Seems that I can't do that by editing the po file.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help here
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:16:06 pm »
You should use 2.5-dev for testing your translations, many text has been changed and the text IDs 2.4 used (*_*_txt) were removed.

If you are on windows you can download a 2.5-dev installer from our website (look for Nightly builds).

-geever

Offline JRandomNoob

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help here
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:18:50 pm »
Quote from: #ufoai
Feb 01 22:27:01 <geever>   I mentioned mattn that we should do an update-po, but neither of us had the time for it
*poke* Right now the PO files are four months out of date. Manually updating the msgids whenever you spot an untranslated string only gets you so far…