project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Transfers  (Read 1505 times)

White_Cat

Transfers
« on: August 31, 2009, 06:33:19 am »
The new updated transfer screen is nice...

However transferring certain mass items like anti-matter is still quite painful. Also transferring people and aliens can be rather annoying... But enough with the ranting and on to the bug report...

Aside from that there is a bug in the screen... Not sure when or why it happens as I haven't been able to effectively reproduce it. In the item transfer screen you have four ways to add/remove items... The up down arrows... And clicking on the object names (the past method). What happens is one of the arrows gets disabled even if you have items left to transfer or even if you don't have anything left to transfer...

One of the ways to trigger this bug is... If you use the old method to move items the arrow heads aren't appropriately updated. So you could still have the up arrow enabled even if the base doesn't have any of the items to transfer... This is not so bad. But if you do the opposite... (remove items with the old method) you end up being unable to move the items using the arrows...

Another method is when you move items and use the cancel button (which really should have a confirmation dialog). Everything is moved back to your base... cool. But the up/down arrows aren't updated. So you end up being unable to move items with the new method... I noticed that a workaround is using the non-disabled arrow key to move non exiting items to re-enable the disabled button...

White_Cat

Re: Transfers
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 04:31:26 am »
I noticed something else... The bug is similar to the above one...

Have identical 10 items in base 1 and identical 20 on base 2. For my test case this item was antimatter. However I think I have encountered this on every item I have tested it...

Now transfer 10 items in base 1 to base 3. Hit transfer and they are on their way... So far so good.

Now go to base 2 and try to transfer that 20 items... Whats this? The up arrow (the arrow to send) is disabled? Also notice that the down arrow is enabled!

I think I know why... Try clicking the down arrow only once. The up arrow is enabled allowing you to transfer one and only one item (since you reduced it by one). Okay now hit the down arrow till it is disable. Even though you haven't sent anything yet, you can reduce what you are sending... Okay now since it's disabled try increasing the send. As you can see your up arrow is now disabled with 10 items left in your base and 10 ready to be transfered.

What I think happens is the index data of the previous transfer overrides the current one you are working on...

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 04:35:10 am »
Check last revision, there have been some fixes in transfert code.

White_Cat

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 08:41:38 am »
Check last revision, there have been some fixes in transfert code.

I noticed the edits to the relevant file... I did a svn update before my second post. This last bug was still there... Unless it was fixed since then...  :/