project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: More issues w/Codeblocks packaging script  (Read 7619 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
More issues w/Codeblocks packaging script
« on: August 28, 2009, 06:36:30 pm »
It seems the script still has a lot of difficulty downloading "libcurl-7.16.4-win32-nossl.zip" and I have to continually halt the process (CTRL-C), run with the "clean" option, and re-try.  Sometimes it works, but usually it doesn't - most times it stops frozen at this point (shown in screenshot) and network activity from the program stops, as if the script just gives up or can't locate the remote file.

Is there a way to tell the script to give more verbose output, to help track down what the problem is?

Edit: I just updated from SVN before this happened, I think it is ~r25872 or close to it.

Edit (2): This is being run from a shell with the last successfully created CodeBlocks package, the last time the script worked.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:53:31 pm by Destructavator »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: More issues w/Codeblocks packaging script
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:53:27 pm »
remove the -q option from the wget calls - that should help.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 07:02:10 pm »
remove the -q option from the wget calls - that should help.

Well, how about that - I was about to ask you how - on Windows - to edit the script, when I discovered that Windows wordpad seems to open the codeblocks.sh file just fine.

OK, I'm now trying the script after I edited it to remove that option, it seems to have worked as I'm getting a lot more output (and freezes at this point):

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 07:05:27 pm »
Update: It just gave me a little more info after a minute or two:

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 07:15:00 pm »
I looked at the URL for download, it currently tries to grab it from http://curl.de-mirror.de/download/

I tried this URL in my browser, it couldn't connect, and I suspect it it because I'm in America.

Is there an alternate URL that is international or would automatically re-direct?

Never mind, found it: http://curl.haxx.se/download/

This new URL I can access just fine.  Whether or not its any better for people over in Europe though, I don't know.

I'm attaching a modified script for people to try if they have similar problems.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:22:27 pm by Destructavator »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 07:22:26 pm »
http://www.gknw.net/mirror/curl/win32/curl-7.19.6-devel-mingw32.zip

http://curl.haxx.se/download.html (Generic Windows libcurl) - maybe the script (function extract_libcurl) must be changed a little bit

in every case the ${CURL_VERSION} must be changed

I'm also not sure whether this version works well with the version we have as dll in our repository.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 07:23:56 pm »
Goodness!  It seems you posted at the same time I updated my last post.   :P

The modified script I attached to the last post seems to be working so far.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 07:34:03 pm »
Success!  The modified script just re-built a new CB package.

Whether or not it would compile the game, I don't know - I'll have to try it later as I'm out of time right now.

odie

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 08:40:52 pm »
Success!  The modified script just re-built a new CB package.

Whether or not it would compile the game, I don't know - I'll have to try it later as I'm out of time right now.

Wohoooo! Any progress on this one too? :D

PS: My CB is again broken in terms of compiling the UFOAI...... Will try again in a couple of hrs as i ma going to slp! Its my last day @ work today! Lol.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 09:02:41 pm »
It seems to be working, except for Radiant, which gives errors, but everything else compiles OK.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 09:39:26 pm »
it gives errors?

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 11:30:51 pm »
it gives errors?

It was, until just now - I updated again from SVN and the fix, I forget the exact number of the revision/commit, worked - now the whole thing compiles just fine.

The only error or issue I have now is that the CB workspace file for all the projects needs to be updated.  It complains about not finding the UFO Radiant CB project, which I noticed (from SVN logs) was taken out.  It's only a minor little issue though, just a brief pop-up when the workspace is opened.

...But yes, the modified script I uploaded to this thread works, and so does the generated CB package.

odie

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 05:22:08 am »
It was, until just now - I updated again from SVN and the fix, I forget the exact number of the revision/commit, worked - now the whole thing compiles just fine.

The only error or issue I have now is that the CB workspace file for all the projects needs to be updated.  It complains about not finding the UFO Radiant CB project, which I noticed (from SVN logs) was taken out.  It's only a minor little issue though, just a brief pop-up when the workspace is opened.

...But yes, the modified script I uploaded to this thread works, and so does the generated CB package.

Hi, i have noticed something like this. The exact error CB gives me is:
Unable to open radiant_ufoai.cbp when i was opening the workspace file on CB.

:D This is as of the revision R25954. I did noticed something during TSVN update about corrected_radiant or something like dat. Is it because it was updated (but renamed for testing) and commited -> the tested folder with not the same name as the project name within the workspace? Curious.

For advise pls.

odie

Re: More issues w/Codeblocks packaging script (Resolved)
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 09:33:39 am »
Hi,

R25955 - I just updated the workspace file and i am able to recompile CB and NSIS scripts w/o problems! :D

Just wanna let everyone know tat if up to 25954 u have probs with CB and stuff, just revise and update to 25955 and it should work wonders.

:D

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 09:41:23 pm »
R25994 - Crash on compiling radiant

Log:
Code: [Select]
||=== ufo, windows_debug ===|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\client\campaign\cp_fightequip_callbacks.c|136|warning: 'AII_GetTechnologyToDisplay' defined but not used|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\client\renderer\r_error.h|48|warning: 'R_CheckErrorDebug' defined but not used|
||=== uforadiant, windows_debug ===|
||warning: command line option "-Wno-non-virtual-dtor" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C|
||warning: command line option "-Wno-non-virtual-dtor" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\filechooser.cpp|149|warning: 'shortcutFoldersInBaseDir' defined but not used|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\dialogs\modelselector.cpp|31|warning: 'ui::<unnamed>::SKIN_ICON' defined but not used|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp||In function 'void exec_spawn_process(ExecCmd*, void (*)(void*))':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp|196|warning: statement has no effect|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp||In function 'void exec_run(Exec*)':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp|396|warning: statement has no effect|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\Routing.h|12|warning: 'routing::m_routingShader' defined but not used|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\server.cpp|204|warning: 'dllexport' attribute ignored|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z16accelerator_nullv':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\accelerator.h|71|multiple definition of `accelerator_null()'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z15bitfield_enablejj':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\generic\bitfield.h|90|multiple definition of `bitfield_enable(unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\accelerator.o:D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\generic\bitfield.h|90|first defined here|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z16bitfield_disablejj':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\generic\bitfield.h|93|multiple definition of `bitfield_disable(unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\accelerator.o:D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\generic\bitfield.h|93|first defined here|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z13GlobalRadiantv':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\include\iradiant.h|168|multiple definition of `GlobalRadiant()'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z15widget_set_sizeP10_GtkWidgetii':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\widget.h|30|multiple definition of `widget_set_size(_GtkWidget*, int, int)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z18widget_set_visibleP10_GtkWidgetb':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\widget.h|40|multiple definition of `widget_set_visible(_GtkWidget*, bool)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z17widget_is_visibleP10_GtkWidget':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\widget.h|48|multiple definition of `widget_is_visible(_GtkWidget*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z21widget_toggle_visibleP10_GtkWidget':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\widget.h|52|multiple definition of `widget_toggle_visible(_GtkWidget*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z17widget_queue_drawR10_GtkWidget':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\widget.h|134|multiple definition of `widget_queue_draw(_GtkWidget&)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z19widget_make_defaultP10_GtkWidget':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\widget.h|140|multiple definition of `widget_make_default(_GtkWidget*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z19window_set_positionP10_GtkWindowRK14WindowPosition':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\window.h|73|multiple definition of `window_set_position(_GtkWindow*, WindowPosition const&)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o:d:\_development\codeblocks\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.4.0\include\c++\cstring|118|multiple definition of `std::strstr(char*, char const*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z12string_emptyRKSs':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|41|multiple definition of `string_empty(std::string const&)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z14string_comparePKcS0_':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|55|multiple definition of `string_compare(char const*, char const*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z12string_equalRKSsS0_':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|61|multiple definition of `string_equal(std::string const&, std::string const&)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z11string_lessPKcS0_':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|73|multiple definition of `string_less(char const*, char const*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z21string_compare_nocasePKcS0_':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|87|multiple definition of `string_compare_nocase(char const*, char const*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z23string_compare_nocase_nPKcS0_j':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|96|multiple definition of `string_compare_nocase_n(char const*, char const*, unsigned int)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z19string_equal_nocasePKcS0_':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|103|multiple definition of `string_equal_nocase(char const*, char const*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z21string_equal_nocase_nPKcS0_j':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|110|multiple definition of `string_equal_nocase_n(char const*, char const*, unsigned int)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z18string_less_nocasePKcS0_':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|117|multiple definition of `string_less_nocase(char const*, char const*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z13string_lengthRKSs':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|130|multiple definition of `string_length(std::string const&)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z11string_copyPcPKc':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|143|multiple definition of `string_copy(char*, char const*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z10string_newj':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|181|multiple definition of `string_new(unsigned int)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z14string_releasePcj':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|187|multiple definition of `string_release(char*, unsigned int)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z11string_swapRPcS0_':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|208|multiple definition of `string_swap(char*&, char*&)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z19string_to_lowercasePc':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|220|multiple definition of `string_to_lowercase(char*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z22string_contains_nocasePcS_':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|237|multiple definition of `string_contains_nocase(char*, char*)'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o||In function `Z16GlobalUndoSystemv':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\include\iundo.h|148|multiple definition of `GlobalUndoSystem()'|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o:D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|47|first defined here|
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\RoutingLumpLoader.o:D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\build\projects\..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\string\string.h|67|first defined here|
||=== Build finished: 33 errors, 17 warnings ===|