project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Cure virus missions + injection-gun  (Read 4287 times)

Rawcactus

Cure virus missions + injection-gun
« on: August 27, 2009, 08:03:35 pm »
I suggest that after finding a cure for the virus, a injection-gun could be used for shooting the cure into infected humans.

About the injection-gun, it would be relative short reaching and require a good precission (lets say 30+). Also, knowing more and more about aliens, one should be able to load it with both alien-poisen-injections into it, which would either cause confusion or do serious damage to the alien (or maybe break down their natural armor, because it affects their skin). Last a heavy tranquilizer would paralyse the alien, and make it possible to capture it alive.

Special missions (just like UFO-crashes), would be available: When the government realise the virus is out of control, they call upon Phalanx to clean out a certain area. This would be god training for the soldiers. Civillian casualties will however make the union like you less.

(I cannot run 2.3 missions on my computer, so I don't know if these ideas are already there)

Sorry for the typos  ::)

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Cure virus missions + injection-gun
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 09:24:07 pm »
well if the aliens skin can resist armour piercing bullets then tranquilliser darts will just bounce off of them.

there has been talk about an ionising laser or something that electrocutes your foes (or shocks them unconscious)  but like you i'm unable to run 2.3 at the minute

odie

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:09:21 am »
Hmmm,

U might want to check out our WIKI before suggesting storyline changes? I believed tat part TODO is done already, so unless overwhelmingly convincing and better, i doubt it will change. :D

As for weapons and other features suggestions, maybe u can propose a project and see if it gets accepted? Though i doubt an ionsing gun will work here, as we alr have something along tat line - stun rods and the others. :D Check out the forums. :D

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 01:32:54 pm »
As for weapons and other features suggestions, maybe u can propose a project and see if it gets accepted? Though i doubt an ionsing gun will work here, as we alr have something along tat line - stun rods and the others. :D Check out the forums. :D

i wasn't suggesting an ion laser i was saying that i'd heard there is one in 2.3 or will be when it goes stable. an electrical laser?? and if thats the case then no need for a dart gun

EDIT:
This one
http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Equipment/Proposed/Electrolaser
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:38:10 pm by Gunner »

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 02:30:44 pm »
This one will be (to be more correct — it *is*) in 2.3

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 02:34:04 pm »
This one will be (to be more correct — it *is*) in 2.3
that what i heard and once i can get 2.3 to compile then i'll have a play with it. until then i'm stuck on 2.2.1

i have to say that mission where you are sent to pacify an infected town and being penalised for doing it with lethal force. would be an interesting mission. especially if some of the civvy weapon are included in the game going in with stun rods and gas grenade and being attacked by mobs armed with clubs, knives and shotguns. would be an interesting change of pace
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:40:41 pm by Gunner »

odie

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 09:09:23 pm »
that what i heard and once i can get 2.3 to compile then i'll have a play with it. until then i'm stuck on 2.2.1

All the best then Gunner! If u wan, i have a R25862 that is compiled for windows.
Thread for 2.3 Dev builts with R25862

Do check it out if u wanna have a feel. :D

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 09:28:02 pm »
All the best then Gunner! If u wan, i have a R25862 that is compiled for windows.
Thread for 2.3 Dev builts with R25862

Do check it out if u wanna have a feel. :D

thanks for some reason the code is throwing errors over std libraries being missing so looking like the compiler isn't setup correctly

Offline Vio

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 12:07:54 am »
This would be god training for the soldiers. Civillian casualties will however make the union like you less.

I think you'd rather run into trouble with the soldiers' union if you make your elite forces run around vaccinating people.
And from the nurses' union as well. ;)

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 01:43:59 pm »
I think you'd rather run into trouble with the soldiers' union if you make your elite forces run around vaccinating people.
And from the nurses' union as well

Now I finally understand why in the past civilians picked up a gun - and shot at PHALANX soldiers. ;)