project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Are these bugs or design changes??  (Read 9455 times)

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Are these bugs or design changes??
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 02:49:19 am »
whatever try build some sams around bases use 2x sparrow missiles on ur ship supported by shiva and launch when ufo is a bit softened by SAM 's.
best technic as for me,dont launch against harvester so u have no chance probably.

Whatever

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 03:16:33 am »
whatever try build some sams around bases use 2x sparrow missiles on ur ship supported by shiva and launch when ufo is a bit softened by SAM 's.
best technic as for me,dont launch against harvester so u have no chance probably.

Best tactic for what? I can't even use sparrows, t20 missiles, or shiva cannons on my main saved games because of the "no ammo" bug. Not a big deal, though. I just put two aerial laser cannons on a stingray and it will destroy pretty much anything in short order. But I'm not sure what you are talking about. Scouts? I've managed to get a scout to appear, it's just that they become really, really rare the further you get into the game.

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 06:40:16 pm »
Best tactic for what? I can't even use sparrows, t20 missiles, or shiva cannons on my main saved games because of the "no ammo" bug.

why no try download new version and try start new campaign?
ver 25557 and newest one 25745 or sumfin have no ammo bugs at least as for me all works good with it untill i mounted aerial laser or particle cannon.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 06:44:18 pm by gerald »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 07:28:16 pm »
I have fixed a couple of aircraft item (equipping) bugs today, so getting the very latest version is a good idea. ;)

Edit: both aerial laser and particle beam weapons work.

-geever
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:30:53 pm by geever »

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 08:33:19 pm »
about africa maps and south america. Yes, this is problem, and this is known problem. We have african cultures in south america, and we can`t define preferred continent|nation for the map.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 01:19:43 am »
Something Im wondering about is if the PHALANX dropship was taken out of this map (See attached screen shot)

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 02:13:56 am »
I have fixed a couple of aircraft item (equipping) bugs today, so getting the very latest version is a good idea. ;)

-geever

oo great need to try i started new campaign :) thx alot:)

odie

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 06:59:56 am »
Something Im wondering about is if the PHALANX dropship was taken out of this map (See attached screen shot)

Wow, how interesting vedrit.

Was wondering if u are able to provide a console log of this?
Is this recreatable? And do u happened to recall the name of this map?

:D
I am sure those info will help the devs here better analyse the situation.

*edit*
And also, can u provide the revision version of the 2.3 version (i am assuming here) u r playing pls?

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 08:18:40 am »
This is afaik fighter_crash map, and it doesn`t have any dropship`s model by design of the map.
May be it is just old map (since pre 2.0 branch).

Whatever

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 08:39:23 am »

-geever

I don't even know if it was an "Equipping problem", for me it was an ammo problem. Both the recent versions I have tested have this same problem. It's essentially impossible for me to take down any UFO's unless they will chase me, and only about 1 out of 10 will chase. Along with the constant crashes in battlescape, I've pretty much reached my wits end with the dev version of the game. Was hoping to help out but this is much too frustrating and time consuming with no gain whatsoever.

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 11:41:52 am »
Was hoping to help out but this is much too frustrating and time consuming with no gain whatsoever.

well ...no gain ??
last version improved much things i saw,some maps works ok wchich was lately bugged,patience man its not work wchich could be done in day or week.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 07:40:40 pm »
This is afaik fighter_crash map, and it doesn`t have any dropship`s model by design of the map.
May be it is just old map (since pre 2.0 branch).

Strange. I was usuing R 25745, and recall seeing it in previous versions.