project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: My feedback  (Read 3320 times)

Offline Marte

• Rookie
    • View Profile
My feedback
« on: April 26, 2010, 03:15:40 pm »
Hi!
I'm Alberto alias "Marte" from Italy and i'm here to say to you.. impressive work!
I've tried this weekend last version "ufoai_2_3_dev_win32_r29532.exe" and it looks very good!

My system:
- windows Xp sp2,
- icore7
- 3gb ram
- nvidia 6600

bugs:
- all my brave soldiers are fighting in a "crash-site" mission, and after some turns game exit from tactical view and return to geoscape.. mission failed, all soldiers death, why?

pros:
- geoscape is really good, impressive
- incredible new interface on geoscape!! good work!
- game runs very well, well done!

what can i also say? keep working on it!! We (players) need a new ufo:ai version soon :D

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: My feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 04:12:12 pm »
- all my brave soldiers are fighting in a "crash-site" mission, and after some turns game exit from tactical view and return to geoscape.. mission failed, all soldiers death, why?

Welcome!
In such cases you should check ufoconsole.log. I'm almost sure it's the "actor out of sync" issue now. It's a known bug.

-geever

Offline Marte

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 04:55:52 pm »
Welcome!
In such cases you should check ufoconsole.log. I'm almost sure it's the "actor out of sync" issue now. It's a known bug.

-geever

thanks geever !!

I see your project coder status, so maybe i can ask to you: how i can contribute as coder? (mostly Java, bu i can learn something new)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 05:09:28 pm »
The game is done in C. The wiki has a lot of information about how to get started with the SVN.

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 05:51:28 pm »
Afaik Mattn (The Commander) is requesting help from a Java Coder to help us get a tool checking the ufo syntax.

Take a look here:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=4318.0

You should contact RudolfoWood as he seems to be the expert regarding this & also should be far progressed in his work already, maybe you could help him finish this ;)

Offline Marte

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 03:37:07 pm »
Afaik Mattn (The Commander) is requesting help from a Java Coder to help us get a tool checking the ufo syntax.

Take a look here:
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=4318.0

You should contact RudolfoWood as he seems to be the expert regarding this & also should be far progressed in his work already, maybe you could help him finish this ;)

thanks! I've already posted :D