project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO: AI 2.3.x download windows - Where to get it?  (Read 7005 times)

Rawcactus

UFO: AI 2.3.x download windows - Where to get it?
« on: August 21, 2009, 08:49:05 pm »
Where to get the newest version of UFO: AI for Windows? I tried the links provided in this forum, but they all turn out to end up at blank pages...

Thank you in addition.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: UFO: AI 2.3.x download windows - Where to get it?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 09:19:12 pm »
I don't think it's difficult to find: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3462.msg29665#msg29665

anyway note than 2.3 is not released yet and full of bugs.

-geever

Salem5

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 05:10:24 am »
Hm, no fan of nakido. the "Free Slots" are obvious fake, and I interrupted the installation of that downloader since it had a lot of heuristical hits by my virus protection. I don't need potional adware just to download something. Tried to compile the source myself, but it just creeps a lot of errors I wasn't able to solve. No recent ufo ai 2.3.x to have look in for me, I guess. Sad that it fails at this.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 05:23:10 am »
I keep pushing to have the installer put on FileFront again

odie

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 08:19:24 am »
I keep pushing to have the installer put on FileFront again

Haha, i tried. It just wasnt too friendly for me. :P
But they have revamped recently, so i dont mind trying again. The timeouts last time simply was too frustrating, and u would not know how i felt if u have never tried uploading 600MBs files on a daily / regular basis.....

But i be taking a break for a while to go on trips...... hence, i might just do tat for our sake.

:P

PS: Filefront does have a file size limit of 600MB FYI. Unless u wanna email em for FTP stuff .... which is a hassle and i cant be bothered for now. :D

I will try to upload the latest built to filefront for us bah. :D Let u know if its a success....the ETA says ~4 hrs away....

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 04:00:22 pm »
I thought it was still upwards of a gig. Maybe FileFront can be a weekly thing, with an install that doesnt have the source or map building stuff. You can always do seperate files

odie

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 08:06:48 pm »
I thought it was still upwards of a gig. Maybe FileFront can be a weekly thing, with an install that doesnt have the source or map building stuff. You can always do seperate files

Hi vedrit,

Well, its a debug version, it comes with all those..... plus, it does contain a certain lvl of the source definately, just tat its compiled. Lol.

Aniwae, here's a file for u....
I will update into my previous post.

For record's sake:
UFOAI 2.3 Developer's Built R25862 @ Filefront

And probably i wont do it even at once a wk. Lol. Cos, it really took me more than twice the time to do this..... and this is WITHOUT disruptions (which will reset all these...) i literally left the computer on at work whole wkend so to speak. Lol. And i dun have the luxury of doing that for a while. :P

PS: Filefronts also irritatingly remove files not downloaded / inactive after X nos of days.... i have to manually disallow tat.... which is really irritating....

PLUS: Filefronts does not allow me to add additional information to the file like nakido.... so ya. :(

Toodles.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:26:52 pm by odie »