project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Making combat a little less tedious with all the button pushing  (Read 11566 times)

Whatever

Re: Making combat a little less tedious with all the button pushing
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 03:47:40 am »

Edit:  I'll say this:  If either of you want to suggest something to improve the game, that's fine, but please don't go into attacking each other in such a manner.  Do either of you really expect to "win" if you resort to such measures?

How many times must I repeat myself in perfectly clear English before I can become frustrated with people who continue to respond to my post with nonsensical gibberish and won't even bother reading what I write  and instead claim I'm doing/saying/suggesting things I am not?

This is a simple case of one person with really bad reading comprehension and an inability to admit his error(s) and/or walk away.

And are you and the other devs aware that you are in grievous violation to the "principles of GUI design" by requiring me to press the escape button while playing the game in order to load, save, exit, or access the various options menus? No one will every play your game now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 04:03:23 am by Whatever »

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2009, 04:01:22 am »
This is a simple case of one person with really bad reading comprehension and an inability to admit his error(s) and/or walk away.

This is what I'm talking about - You've already made your suggestion for the game, I've got that - but you go on beyond attacking the argument and start attacking the person you're in the argument with, which accomplishes just about nothing other than to "fuel the fire" and make people even more upset.

I've seen both sides in this fight display this behavior, and if it continues - and I don't like to do this - I'll have to start getting nasty and take measures to enforce order in this forum.

Now come on, I think both of you could handle this a bit better...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 04:03:05 am by Destructavator »

Whatever

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 04:12:17 am »
This is what I'm talking about - You've already made your suggestion for the game, I've got that - but you go on beyond attacking the argument and start attacking the person you're in the argument with, which accomplishes just about nothing other than to "fuel the fire" and make people even more upset.

I've seen both sides in this fight display this behavior, and if it continues - and I don't like to do this - I'll have to start getting nasty and take measures to enforce order in this forum.

Now come on, I think both of you could handle this a bit better...

The problem is that he is supplying no argument. He is only posting in this thread to annoy people or troll the thread. I really have no idea which one of those is the case. This is clearly evident from his posts in this thread. I'm not gonna let someone troll my perfectly good idea. I've beta test dozens of games and if I ever offered a suggestion that was easily doable and significantly reduced tedious gameplay elements I would have devs and players doing backflips. This guy acts like I insulted his mother's book on GUI ethics.

Ain Soph Aur

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2009, 03:09:58 pm »
PLEASE... close this thread  ::)

I'm not gonna let someone troll my perfectly good idea.

PS: i personally dont think it is a "perfectly good idea"  -->  principles of GUI design
but you can code it if you want... why not? but ask the devs before commiting it
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:31:45 pm by Ain Soph Aur »

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2009, 03:53:19 pm »
Agreed, this thread has gotten out of control, absurd, and then some.

Locked!