project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Updates on Me  (Read 10324 times)

odie

Updates on Me
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:39:05 am »
Ah,

I thought i should make a post here, in case folks who have been trying to get more 2.3 versions from my builds recently are wondering why it stopped.

I have been facing some work related crisis and have since tendered my resignation. Hence, since i am handing over everything from my 8+++ years of work's stuff can take time, i spent early aug doing that.

Then i went to indonesia for a whole wk last wk and only am back in office to clear things up this wk.

I have been also trying to catch up with the forums here and realised codeblocks to a certain extent was broken becos of radiant compiling..... the folks here all are helping to work this out.... :D

I am making progress, but looks like wont be ready (new version) until later....

I am also trying to port everything home (which has a slower lappy lol, maybe building a new system soon), so, hope that my svn and cb will be ok then.

Till then, if u have faith in God, pray for me. :D
If u dun, juz cheer me up if u can. lol. Post interesting reads (perhaps it will brighten up someone's else lives too!).

Okie, i be off...... again. AND WOOT! My rank juz changed! YAYNESS!

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Updates on Me
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 04:50:41 am »
Good luck to you!  I've been through work issues and resignations myself - been there, done that - including one job where I quit right before the company went out of business (not that the two incidents were related, they weren't).  It helps if you consider yourself liberated, and free once again.  Just think of all the B.S. you won't have to wake up to and worry about soon...

Many times such change is needed, I hope it leads to something better down the road for you.

- Dave

Offline Borsti67

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:03:41 pm »
Sad to hear such... :(
Anyway, as I understand, you've been in a quite responsible position? Then I'm sure you'll recover quite soon, things may even become better than before... Heads up! ;)

Ildamos

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 07:09:05 am »
Eight years? Man, that's a quite a loss. DOn't worry though, that kind of experience is rare. You should get a new job in no time.  ;D

odie

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 08:46:11 am »
Good luck to you!  I've been through work issues and resignations myself - been there, done that - including one job where I quit right before the company went out of business (not that the two incidents were related, they weren't).  It helps if you consider yourself liberated, and free once again.  Just think of all the B.S. you won't have to wake up to and worry about soon...

Many times such change is needed, I hope it leads to something better down the road for you.

- Dave

Hey Dave (hehe, din remember u were called dave, always called u Destructavator... lol. so destructive! :P),

Thanks for the encouragements, dude! I needed tat. Haha. I am liberated! Wohoooo, 10 more days to last day! :D

Now i need to archives tons of stuff out, including many documents and even this project's binaries and all! Zzzzz.... juz got myself a cheap 500GB ext harddisk and is almost thru with most. Except for this project's onli. The rest including many abandonware and freeware games archives and all are done! :D Hehehehehe.

For now, i sure be taking a short break, and see how i should move on from here..... hmmmm, further studies? So inspired by Vio's pursue of PHD with his gf. lol. Met em sometime 2 3 wks back when they were in town! WOOT! PHD> Omg. Lol.

Sad to hear such... :(
Anyway, as I understand, you've been in a quite responsible position? Then I'm sure you'll recover quite soon, things may even become better than before... Heads up! ;)

Ah, no worries. :) I have been i supposed. Lol. Well, not much choice this has to happen. Sigh. Backstabbing happens in all industries. I guess. :D No point letting it get me down. I am just passing time for now i guess? Haha.....

Eight years? Man, that's a quite a loss. DOn't worry though, that kind of experience is rare. You should get a new job in no time.  ;D

IDLAMOS! Omg! Haven like chatted with u in EONS! Lol. Ah, thanks for encouragements too. Yupz. Its quite a hard to come by experience. Unfortuantely, i have been reading so much about negative news of ppl who simply are not interested in experienced folks here in singapore, thru the singapore papers. Esp recent 2 wks'.

They have been onli interested in students / fresh grads.

I just have had someone from national HQ coming down to help transit my work by 'understudying me'. Well, he's damn arrogant and sorta proudish, hardly wanting to learn. Sigh. I even offer to share my windows and system performance tweaking and optimization skills and experience. Guess wat they say? Not interested.

Sigh. I wonder wat the generations nowdays are up to...... i just wish the whole world with such ppl would just disappear. Its sickening to see ppl like dat. -.-"

Oie, i should rant rant rant. Lol. :PP Channelling my energy back to this project and some other LONG AWAITING ME TO FINISH KINDA GAMES! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
*mad dance*.

:P
*pawprint*
Tim

Ildamos

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 05:23:18 pm »
There will always be people like that. Don't let them affect you.

In my years of being a PC tweaker, I've had people who:

1. flat out refuse my advice, content to play on default settings
2. pretend to ignore my advice but then secretly apply the tweaks under the guise of "I did this under my own steam"

Of course there are those who are open-minded too so don't let people like groups 1 and 2 discourage you.  ;D

odie

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 11:42:41 pm »
There will always be people like that. Don't let them affect you.

In my years of being a PC tweaker, I've had people who:

1. flat out refuse my advice, content to play on default settings
2. pretend to ignore my advice but then secretly apply the tweaks under the guise of "I did this under my own steam"

Of course there are those who are open-minded too so don't let people like groups 1 and 2 discourage you.  ;D

Haha, thanks for the encouragement. I have also met so mani kinda ppl in my life as an "IT GuY". Lol

Well, the problem is that i am handling my job over to this one and only person, who requires to know what i have done in order to sustain the system. Sigh.

Well, pride really does come before a fall.... and i am expecting it to come soon.... lol.
Meantime, i will just keep my fingers crossed that all will hold out until my very last day. :D

Thanks Ildamos! :D

odie

Doing a Quick Update
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 08:56:08 pm »
Yoz beloved folks of UFOAI,

I have disappeared again! OMG! Sorry for that!

I have officially finished my work after 8.5 years; moved all my data back home, sorting it out.

I have yet to successfully integrate my sourcecodes back to compiling order at home.... but more importantly, i wanna let us know that i am away because of 3 series of assignment for st john these 2 wks!

Mad weeks! This week, i have been busy preparing for my today's zone presentation for st john, as i was appointed the Chief Marshal..... glad its over today! Just reached home only 1130pm.... :S

Then, some of u know i am taking the st john officer's course this year. And i be graduating - aka passing out, next sat. So i have been busily involved in the prep for it.....

News nos 3: I have been elected to give the valedictorian speech on behalf of the 93 officer cadets! OMG. Hence, this speech, which came as a <10 days notice before POP (Passing out parade) really bled dry my time! Even now, the speech still needs alot of polishing by my Course Commander, and i am working furiously on that, rehearsing it and all....

Hence, i will be probably only back in action after next sat (my graduation)...... brrrr.... sorry for lack of updates....

I promise to get things going once i am 'online'. lol. I am hardly even checking email..... cos TONS of my time went and will be going towards those 2 remaining events! Major event in my life, haha. Keep me in prayers ok?

Toodles!
Till later....

Odie

Ildamos

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 06:23:05 pm »
Congratulations!

Wait. Cadets? You're going off to go soldiering again?  ???

Offline Vio

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 12:01:14 am »
Hey man.

Glad to hear that you are managing it. Don't worry about a job - if you are good at something because you like it, you will always find ways to make a living out of it, grad or not. And if you like to do further studies... why not? I've seen less intelligent people get a PhD, hehe.

And if all else fails, you can still come to Germany and open a restaurant serving some of the stuff we ate. ;)
Seriously, we don't get that here. It's all Fried Duck and Nasi Goreng. Though that's good, too. :)

P.S.: If you need help with public speaking, check out the Toastmasters. There must be at least one club in Singapore.

Wish you luck!

odie

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 05:16:42 pm »
Ah!

Finally! Eloz again folks! I cant wait to complain whilst i can here!

First off, my internet is on a MEGA outage! Grrrrrrr! The plan i signed up for constantly gives me outage and disconnection, despite being a 4mbps down and 2mpbs up stream.... i have complained at least 10 - 20 times to my ISP, but they say the engineers are still looking into it... so far, if i have some 15 mins of internet connectivity at some 100kbps (note the DIFFERENCE!), i should be happy! I cant even surf properly! -.-"

So, hence, the reason why i cant seem to be able to upload new binaries! Grrrrrrrrr! I constantly get dced, plus, i cant even facebook or do my email properly! *sigh* x 1000.

But on a good note, I PASSED MY OFFICER'S COURSE for St John! Wheeeeeeeee! 2 Saturdays ago, i was commissioned! Yeah! Happy happy! This fri till sunday, i be once again, on my 2nd year tour of duty at F1 as a first aider! WHeeeeeeeeeeeee! Happy happy!

For those who are not aware, Singapore is hosting F1 for 5 years in a row since last year! 1st Night Race ever last year, and its on again this, and nx, and 2 years after tat! Hehe. If all goes well, i will be part of the event as one of the on site first aiders! Hehe.

Hence, i be out again this wkend.... WHILE MY ISP GETS MY INTERNET FIXED! Its been a whole month now! OMG! They promised to waive my first month's subscription (when i paid already....), so i guess the 2nd month's will be waived? Sigh..... pls do keep this in prayer (if u do pray) and hope everything gets resolved! I cant even get connected to the TSVN to update my binaries! Sigh..... i am so so soo sad to be out of touch with the project!

I cant say how upset i am by this interruption! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Till then, anithing pls do send me pte msg, as these still gets sent to my personal email!

Ildamos: Not soldiering, but officer's course for St John (aka SJAB - St John Ambulance Brigade)

Vio : Hey hey! Glad to see u back in Germany! Lol. Setup a restaurant in Germany? WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I can consider this, if i can find decent local (singaporean) chefs! Lol.

Offline Vio

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 03:53:32 pm »
Make sure you ask them in advance at which point of the race the accidents are planned this year. ;)

P.S.: We just roof-blasted the guys who came to evaluate whether we are worth 5 more years of funding. Wohoo! :)

Ildamos

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 05:52:35 pm »
Congratulations!

It's good to know you're not going anywhere to get shot at.  ;D

I hope you your ISP gets its thing together soon. Myself, I'm planning to shift away from this godawful wifi I've subscribed to.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 09:25:04 am »
Odie, I'm not an expert in geography, but I just recently saw the news regarding a tsunami, typhoon, and a couple of serious earthquakes hitting the S.E. Asia and Indonesia areas - I hope it didn't happen too close to where you are and I'm a bit worried, are you OK?

Offline Vio

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 12:16:30 am »
To calm you, I don't think Singapore has much to fear from those. It's shielded from the ocean by Indonesia, and Borneo on the other side.... to an extent that you hardly get any waves on the coast.