project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Compilation Errors - Radiant Related  (Read 6671 times)

odie

Compilation Errors - Radiant Related
« on: August 17, 2009, 05:15:46 am »
Hi,

I am trying to build a new revision based on 25712 on windows system.

Everything is ok until:

Code: [Select]
-------------- Build: windows_debug in uforadiant_sound ---------------

Compiling: ..\..\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\sound.cpp
Compiling: ..\..\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundmanager.cpp
In file included from C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundmanager.h:4,
                 from C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\sound.cpp:1:
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:5:19: error: AL/al.h: No such file or directory
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:6:20: error: AL/alc.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundmanager.h:4,
                 from C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\sound.cpp:1:
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:20: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'ALCcontext' with no type
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:20: error: expected ';' before '*' token
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:23: error: 'ALuint' does not name a type
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:26: error: 'ALuint' does not name a type
                 from C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundmanager.cpp:1:
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:5:19: error: AL/al.h: No such file or directory
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:6:20: error: AL/alc.h: No such file or directory
                 from C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundmanager.cpp:1:
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:20: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'ALCcontext' with no type
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:20: error: expected ';' before '*' token
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:23: error: 'ALuint' does not name a type
C:\SVN Update\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:26: error: 'ALuint' does not name a type
Process terminated with status 1 (3 minutes, 54 seconds)
12 errors, 6 warnings

Process terminated with status 1 (3 minutes, 54 seconds)
12 errors, 6 warnings

I truncated the earlier part of log, cos they were all successful.
Its based on Codeblocks.

Could someone let me know if there have been a new version of radiant updates where i did not have?

If so, kindly advise me on the download links pls. Thanks. :D

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
Re: Compilation Errors - Radiant Related
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 07:38:05 am »
odie, you need at first openal includes and libraries, and at second radiant is broken currently.

odie

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 09:02:57 am »
odie, you need at first openal includes and libraries, and at second radiant is broken currently.

Hihi kildor,

Thanks for letting me know radiant is broken. I was away for a wk plus overseas.
So, is there anyone working on the radiant to get it patched up yet??

Next, i was wondering if there are new includes and libraries which i dun already have from my Tortise-SVN patchings..... maybe i will try a revert back to 200 revisions ago and try again..... Hmmmm, i might just try tat. :D

So far, i managed to track to this soundplayer.h file, which seemed to have many components of the contents 'missing'.

I also saw mattn's webbie of uforadiant.exe and downloaded it, but cant seem to fiddle to make it work anywhere. Hmmmm....

Any other advise so far? :D

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 10:00:53 pm »
mattn is out of office for some days, so some radiant issues will stay unresolved.

for some of them I found solutions:
- that "undefined glGetError" seems to be a slightly wrong lib file (libopengl32.a) which defines a _glGetError instead - solved (for me) by creating a clean lib file from my opengl32.dll
- sound plugin not working: as stated on ml it is easy to remove the dependencies for now - I won't commit as long as no one requests this, because after mattn is back these will probably be added again
- missing dependency files (eg. timer.cpp/RadiantException.cpp) - these were solved by adding the files to build chains

only one known issue for me actually: shutdown process is not 100% bugfree - a shader listener tries to update texbrowser when shaders are removed, I think the gui is not valid at this time and so that update causes an segfault. (This is nothing which hinders radiant from working, I don't know whether my suggested solution is good: that update function could have some "shutting down" flag which prevents from updates. Another one could be remove the listener before shutting down the shaders).

Are there any other issues that I'm not aware of?

odie

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 07:54:26 am »
mattn is out of office for some days, so some radiant issues will stay unresolved.

Oh, thanks for letting me know he's afc and afi (away from com n internet)

for some of them I found solutions:
- that "undefined glGetError" seems to be a slightly wrong lib file (libopengl32.a) which defines a _glGetError instead - solved (for me) by creating a clean lib file from my opengl32.dll
- sound plugin not working: as stated on ml it is easy to remove the dependencies for now - I won't commit as long as no one requests this, because after mattn is back these will probably be added again
- missing dependency files (eg. timer.cpp/RadiantException.cpp) - these were solved by adding the files to build chains

only one known issue for me actually: shutdown process is not 100% bugfree - a shader listener tries to update texbrowser when shaders are removed, I think the gui is not valid at this time and so that update causes an segfault. (This is nothing which hinders radiant from working, I don't know whether my suggested solution is good: that update function could have some "shutting down" flag which prevents from updates. Another one could be remove the listener before shutting down the shaders).

Are there any other issues that I'm not aware of?

I am not really getting those errors.
Mine was : soundplayer.h file generating many strange declarations not found.....
Still cant resolve this as of this morning. -.-
Sigh.

Anyone who can help?
Or is there someway to compile w/o bothering with that file? (If its not critical).

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 10:21:21 am »
Mine was : soundplayer.h file generating many strange declarations not found.....
Still cant resolve this as of this morning. -.-
Sigh.

Anyone who can help?

That is the missing openAL lib. Links on IRC log.

-geever

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 05:27:32 pm »
another idea (don't know whether geevers hint helped): you'll need vorbisfile, vorbis and ogg libraries during linking - I updated codeblocks sound project file on saturday. perhaps something more is missing. please attach last lines of compile log.

odie

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 04:03:49 am »
Hihi,

Thanks geever for the IRC logs. Made more progress.

Summary of what i have done:
  • Got the file from "http://mattn.ninex.info/download/openal.zip"
  • Unzipped it and transferred contents to respective folders.
  • Namely - include/AL whole folder to the /Codeblocks Folder/MingGW/include/AL
  • /lib contents which includes only libopenal32.a to /Codeblocks Folder/MingGW/lib
  • and lastly pkgconfig which includes only openal.pc to /Codeblocks Folder/MinGW/lib/pkgconfig

Couple of warnings along the way, which are ok i believe, until it reaches 2 lines with error.
The error now boils down to another c file.

The error codes states that

.objs\radiant_sound\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\timer.o:C:/SVN Update/src/tools/radiant/libs/gtkutil/timer.cpp:46: undefined reference to `gtk_timeout_add'
.objs\radiant_sound\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\timer.o:C:/SVN Update/src/tools/radiant/libs/gtkutil/timer.cpp:54: undefined reference to `gtk_timeout_remove'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Creating library file: ..\..\radiant\modules\libsound.dll.a
Process terminated with status 1 (4 minutes, 12 seconds)
2 errors, 4 warnings

The exact lines from the files i have copied and pasted here....

// Starts the timer and saves the handler id locally
void Timer::enable ()
{
if (_timerID == 0) {
_timerID = gtk_timeout_add(_timeout, _callback, _data);
}
}

// Disables the timer and resets the handler ID
void Timer::disable ()
{
if (_timerID != 0) {
gtk_timeout_remove(_timerID);
_timerID = 0;
}
}

Full log here:
(Too Long, see attached txt file)

Any help pls? Thanks. :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:10:44 am by odie »

odie

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 04:38:12 am »
Hi,

I updated to today's 25738 and recompiled my workspace.
New Errors are: (Now stopped elsewhere)

Linking executable: ..\..\radiant\uforadiant.exe
Warning: resolving _glGetString by linking to _glGetString@4
Use --enable-stdcall-fixup to disable these warnings
Use --disable-stdcall-fixup to disable these fixups
Warning: resolving _glGetIntegerv by linking to _glGetIntegerv@8
.objs\radiant\src\tools\radiant\radiant\qgl.o: In function `Z18QGL_assertNoErrorsv':
C:/SVN Update/src/tools/radiant/radiant/qgl.cpp:316: undefined reference to `glGetError'
C:/SVN Update/src/tools/radiant/radiant/qgl.cpp:325: undefined reference to `glGetError'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (10 minutes, 12 seconds)
2 errors, 14 warnings

From these codes:

void QGL_assertNoErrors() {
GLenum error = glGetError();
while (error != GL_NO_ERROR) {
const char* errorString = reinterpret_cast<const char*>(qgluErrorString(error));
if (error == GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY) {
ERROR_MESSAGE("OpenGL out of memory error: " << errorString);
} else {
ERROR_MESSAGE("OpenGL error: " << errorString);
}
error = glGetError();
}
}

Anyone for advise pls?

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 09:15:55 am »
update - this error was fixed in rev. 25740.
Perhaps you have to do a clean build.

odie

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 11:40:03 pm »
Oh! The issue has been resolved as of my last compilation!

I believe that Mattn and team have done up the patch as per u said, 25740. My built was 25745 i thnk, IIRC.

Thanks.

Case closed.
:D

Expect my new build again for the new compatibility patch for UFO Yards save on Monday! Woot!

Toodles.