project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Meet the Newbie !  (Read 20001 times)

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Meet the Newbie !
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 09:04:58 pm »
Using  R25769 on Vista with C::B I get
Code: [Select]
C:\UFO\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:5:19: error: AL/al.h: No such file or directory
C:\UFO\src\tools\radiant\plugins\sound\soundplayer.h:6:20: error: AL/alc.h: No such file or directory

Do I have to do anything more than svn up ??
Maybe a new C::B package ?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 09:10:58 pm »
extract http://mattn.ninex.info/download/openal.zip into your mingw directory

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 09:14:11 pm »
I might be wrong, but it looks like the OpenAL library either isn't set up properly or isn't being linked to in C::B properly on your machine.

OpenAL was recently added to the project, it wasn't included or used previously, Did you download it?

I've been very busy the last week, I haven't re-compiled the game lately, but I'm slowly getting spare time back again and when I have a chance I might update the wiki with new info on OpenAL and including it to compile on Windows (if no one has updated the wiki already).

Edit: Mattn posted as I was typing, there's your download if you didn't already get it.  This is another reason the wiki should be updated - if it hasn't been already, it seems some people might still be out of the loop on this issue...

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 10:04:03 pm »
Thx to both of you :)

Mattn, when will the openal.zip be added to the C::B zip ?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 10:20:14 pm »
it's already included in the script - it's just waiting that some windows user opens the mingw shell, run the script and check that everything is where it is supposed to be

it's a nightmare for a linux-only user to prepare a windows-only package that windows users have to test - and rerun this script in case some stuff failed. that's a task a windows user should do.

so we need someone who feel responsible for this... maybe odie? ;)

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 10:44:51 pm »
it's already included in the script - it's just waiting that some windows user opens the mingw shell, run the script and check that everything is where it is supposed to be

so what to do? download your codeblocks.zip and than run which script ?
the project-compilation??

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 03:06:59 am »

it's a nightmare for a linux-only user to prepare a windows-only package that windows users have to test - and rerun this script in case some stuff failed. that's a task a windows user should do.

so we need someone who feel responsible for this... maybe odie? ;)

I just got it working (figured it out from the wiki) and I'll try to upload a package soon.

Thyranim, try looking for instructions in the wiki, from the front page navigate to "compile" then "Windows" and then "CodeBlocks."  Then look at the bottom of the page for creating a package.

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 12:40:08 pm »
after downloading mattns codeblocks and openal-package, clean rebuild workspace works now without error
||=== ufo, windows_debug ===|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\client\campaign\cp_fightequip_callbacks.c|135|warning: 'AII_GetTechnologyToDisplay' defined but not used|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\client\renderer\r_error.h|48|warning: 'R_CheckErrorDebug' defined but not used|
||=== uforadiant_model, windows_debug ===|
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\autoptr.h||In destructor 'AutoPtr<T>::~AutoPtr() [with T = ArchiveFile]':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\plugins\model\plugin.cpp|117|instantiated from here|
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\autoptr.h|9|warning: possible problem detected in invocation of delete operator:|
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\autoptr.h|9|warning: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct ArchiveFile'|
..\..\src\tools\radiant\include\iimage.h|47|warning: forward declaration of 'struct ArchiveFile'|
..\..\src\tools\radiant\libs\autoptr.h|9|note: neither the destructor nor the class-specific operator delete will be called, even if they are declared when the class is defined.|
||=== uforadiant, windows_debug ===|
||warning: command line option "-Wno-non-virtual-dtor" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C|
||warning: command line option "-Wno-non-virtual-dtor" is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\libs\gtkutil\filechooser.cpp|149|warning: 'shortcutFoldersInBaseDir' defined but not used|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp||In function 'void exec_spawn_process(ExecCmd*, void (*)(void*))':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp|196|warning: statement has no effect|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp||In function 'void exec_run(Exec*)':|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\exec.cpp|396|warning: statement has no effect|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\pathfinding\Routing.h|12|warning: 'routing::m_routingShader' defined but not used|
D:\_Development\UFOAISVN\ufoai-trunk\src\tools\radiant\radiant\server.cpp|204|warning: 'dllexport' attribute ignored|
||=== Build finished: 0 errors, 12 warnings ===|

but never build installer-package before, so perhaps it's best to wait for odie so he's experienced in this ;)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 12:53:35 pm »
installer package creation is easy - install nsis ( http://nsis.sf.net ) and right click the src/ports/windows/installer.nsi afterwards to select the compile option - that's all

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 01:44:11 pm »
Hm, i'll give it a try and leave update ;)

Update:
whoops .... didn't work and i wasn't able to read the words in the error message ...
didn't find pk3-files .... of course, forgot to archive them :D

created and restarted the nsis-script
currently compressing

installpackage created successfully
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:46:38 pm by Thyranim »

odie

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 06:03:21 am »
Hm, i'll give it a try and leave update ;)

Update:
whoops .... didn't work and i wasn't able to read the words in the error message ...
didn't find pk3-files .... of course, forgot to archive them :D

created and restarted the nsis-script
currently compressing

installpackage created successfully

Well done Thyranim,

Since you are also a windows compiler, i share a couple of reminder experiences.

1) When u do the codeblocks (i am assuming u r using CB from the thread) compilation, its recommended (if u have the time, which really isnt very demanding) to build a debug mode for 2.3 as of now. This will allow testers to do debug options / console inputs.

2) When u do the CB compilation, try to do a Rebuild Workspace mode. This will attempt to rebuild everything from scratch, creating an effectively, New and Updated codes.

3) When you are done, lookout for the Compatibility Announces and the For Compilers - Notifications of Maps to Rebuild Threads.

They contain important notices as to when you should do a /base/contrib/scripts/compile_maps.bat /clean mode (which is an exhaustively long task ~3 to 6 hrs), which effectively rebuild all maps.

It also contain impt compatibility announcements whereby you may need to start a new campaign and the such. If you intend to help contribute by uploading the installers (which the community including me will be VERY MUCH appreciative of), you may wish to look into one of the threads i maintain at Links for 2.3 Development Binaries - Full Builts & Incremental Builts Only.

Feel free to upload it with the format and layout already existing. You may wish to include the Compatibility Announces there.

If you are update freak like me, haha, check out UFOAI cia's logs for revisions updates here. This link will give u the last 200 updates (max unfortunately), but u can restrict it by changing the nos behind at the end of link.

Eg:
http://cia.vc/stats/project/ufoai/.rss?ver=2&medium=plaintext&limit=200
Gives u 200 updates.

http://cia.vc/stats/project/ufoai/.rss?ver=2&medium=plaintext&limit=15
Gives u last 15 updates. :D

4) You may wish to be reminded of doing your pk3 updates by running /base/archives.bat. You may wish to be informed that it will effectively creates pk3 archives, and subsequent running of it updates the archives. For me, i will delete *.pk3 files in /base before running to effectively make brand new pk3 files. :D

5) Last but not least, do the NSIS script compilation for installers. You may wish to play with this to creat diff types of installers. :D

Okie, update till for now.
Ani queries just feel free to ask the good folks here! :D

Welcome to game and compilations :D