project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: armour effectivness  (Read 2244 times)

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
armour effectivness
« on: August 15, 2009, 03:42:48 pm »
dunno if its only mine feeling but i found nano armour not so more protective than normal combat armour even think hours spending on researching and producing that should give better effect are there any heavier types of armour ?

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: armour effectivness
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 05:58:52 pm »
I'm not sure which version of the game you're talking about, but for 2.3 (which is the version being worked on right now), Much of the armors, weapons, and such do need to be re-balanced, and this is planned, but it will probably happen near release time, closer to right before an official 2.3 comes out (from what I've heard in the past).

If such attributes and stats were re-balanced now, when parts of the code and how the game works are still being implemented and worked on, it would have to be re-done again near release time, therefore re-balancing everything right now might not be worth it.

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 11:53:08 pm »
ah kk thx :) yea i use ver 2.3 now

odie

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 04:53:44 am »
dunno if its only mine feeling but i found nano armour not so more protective than normal combat armour even think hours spending on researching and producing that should give better effect are there any heavier types of armour ?

gerald,

Welcome to the game (once again), and u might want to know that alot of the related queries u have, are linked to the fact the game is still:

1) Unbalanced - which will only be done in the probably far future, towards 2.4 or even 2.5 perhaps. ;)
2) Bugged - Note that the 2.3 version u have downloaded, is not a stable version but a developer's built version. Most likely, this is from one of us (destructavator, muton or me) or even possibly compiled by yourself. :D (Well done in this case!)

And since point 2 says bugged, there will be many 'weird' behaviour u will see, which probably are already known and being worked on.

It will help alot for you to consider doing a search on this forum before posting as many such issues are already reported and being worked on. :D

It will also be helpful for u to do searches, as u will no doubt chance upon interesting conversations and topics u might want to have access to. :D