project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: changing colour of aiming stats info  (Read 2856 times)

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
changing colour of aiming stats info
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:58:34 pm »
i got today a lil fight in polar region and white stats about aiming percentage was totally invisible on the snow i think will be nice option to change colour in such situations

odie

Re: changing colour of aiming stats info
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:03:27 am »
i got today a lil fight in polar region and white stats about aiming percentage was totally invisible on the snow i think will be nice option to change colour in such situations

Yes, actually, i have encountered many of these myself.

Could one of the devs work on this pls?
Its also found commonly in normal maps where the contrast of the line of fire and the percentages are of no contrast (sounds weird in english, but nvm).

Maybe we can have this line of fire color 'changeable' or at least with a shadow effect?? For exploring....

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 04:53:11 am »
Perhaps a translucent box (rectangle) underneath the text would be nice...

I don't know how this game's engine does such a thing, but most graphics engines I've seen can do this without too much difficulty to implement.

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 10:29:41 am »

I don't know how this game's engine does such a thing, but most graphics engines I've seen can do this without too much difficulty to implement.

or even 2toning the text so you have a black outline and white text

i it's simplest for you just draw the text in black then shrink the font size 1 point offset it a tiny bit
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:32:03 am by Gunner »

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 06:49:52 pm »
i it's simplest for you just draw the text in black then shrink the font size 1 point offset it a tiny bit
That's IMO simplistic. Text outline is not easy to do. And not possible in a generic way with the current architecture.

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 07:38:46 pm »
That's IMO simplistic. Text outline is not easy to do. And not possible in a generic way with the current architecture.

well i'm not familar with how the engine your using works and yes the method i out lined wont produce a very good quality effect and more than a couple of letters and they will move totally out of sync.

outlining is easy, if whoever built the engine thought to include it. if not then like you said your stuffed
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 07:40:46 pm by Gunner »

odie

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 09:47:32 am »

I like this idea. I believe that having that box might not be hard, considering that we have floating texts all over even in the base mode.

Its worth considering, since we have many 'bright' areas and white grounds / bright looking ground, close to our text colors. :D

For further discussions?