project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Does the game end?  (Read 11812 times)

lim-dul

Does the game end?
« on: July 26, 2009, 03:21:54 am »
Hello everybody:

I was playing the game (v 2.2.1) several months ago and I left it for the pure boring situation that simply the game didn't advance. I mean: I researched all researcheable things I had enough credits to buy anything, but months was passing by and only appeared the same missions again and again. No new UFO types, no new alien races or weapons... nothing new to research. In fact: the game seemed not to advance to a conclusion, so after some time I got bored and left it, thinking that it was still incomplete and that there was still no final for the game. But now I've decided to check really asking you, ufo-sages: does the game end? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Does the game end?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 05:23:53 am »
I haven't played the old 2.2.1 in a long time, but if I recall correctly one thing you can try is to collect lots of live aliens in one base at one time, and see if a new research project comes up...

odie

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 03:56:45 pm »
Hello everybody:

I was playing the game (v 2.2.1) several months ago and I left it for the pure boring situation that simply the game didn't advance. I mean: I researched all researcheable things I had enough credits to buy anything, but months was passing by and only appeared the same missions again and again. No new UFO types, no new alien races or weapons... nothing new to research. In fact: the game seemed not to advance to a conclusion, so after some time I got bored and left it, thinking that it was still incomplete and that there was still no final for the game. But now I've decided to check really asking you, ufo-sages: does the game end? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Not too sure how far u have progressed......

U can actually progress pretty far in 2.2.1 IIRC (If i remember correctly).

Maybe u can let us know how far u have progressed and perhaps we try recalling if there is more? Haha.

In general, when in doubt, collect TONS (>10 to 20) LIVE Aliens specimens and u should move reasonably far. ;)

lim-dul

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 09:01:11 pm »
Well, after I tried what Destructavator said, the game advanced a bit, to the viral infection, and all the XVI things, and after reaching the Universal Serum researched, when I reach 2084 Nov 25, the game ends suddently and says "now that you played the campaing, try multiplayer mode"... and show the end credits... LOOOOOLLL!!!!! I don't even know who won the war, the aliens or me!!  :o

EDIT: I had 12 alive alien prissioners in the same base.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:23:16 pm by lim-dul »

odie

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 08:14:54 am »
Well, after I tried what Destructavator said, the game advanced a bit, to the viral infection, and all the XVI things, and after reaching the Universal Serum researched, when I reach 2084 Nov 25, the game ends suddently and says "now that you played the campaing, try multiplayer mode"... and show the end credits... LOOOOOLLL!!!!! I don't even know who won the war, the aliens or me!!  :o

EDIT: I had 12 alive alien prissioners in the same base.

Hehe.... at that point of time, its supposed to trigger a further event which was not available to 2.2.1 then. It has since been continued working on, and i guess if u wan more action and stuff, u have to peek into the currently 2.3 development trunk!

Some of us have builts for mac, linux and windows on diff forums here. Check out. :D

Or u can simply try to build the builts yourself!:D

lim-dul

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 05:02:28 pm »
Or u can simply try to build the builts yourself!:D

I have no idea about programming. I'll try v 2.3 even if not stable... as soon a I find out where to download it. Any suggestion? xD Are saved games exportables?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 05:04:55 pm »
I have no idea about programming. I'll try v 2.3 even if not stable... as soon a I find out where to download it. Any suggestion? xD Are saved games exportables?

http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3462.msg29084#msg29084

Saves of 2.2.x are not usable, sorry.

-geever

odie

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 06:17:50 pm »

Savegames are not exportable from 2.2.1 to 2.3. Even within the current 2.3 development builts, the savegames sometime are not transferrable too. Its actually advised from certain revisions, that we start a new game to remove 'saved bugs'.

Hehe.

For the current development branch, I help to compile a number windows-binaries (aka installers) for 2.3development on a slightly more regular basis (usually wkdays onli though. Hehe).

Its here.
Links for 2.3 Development Binaries - Full Builts & Incremental Builts

Please take note that in order to view the latest builts, u have to go to the current last page of the thread (which gets updated everytime a new entry get posted, usually by Destructavator, Muton or myself.)

If u r looking at Mac or Linux, u might wanna post again in the respective Mac or Linux forums to ask.

Have fun! :D I am sure u will be amazed at the amount of innovations, graphics / sounds improvement so far from 2.2.1 to the current (yesterday's) builds. :D