project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: strange behaviour of game when aliens shoot at their round - R25395  (Read 3240 times)

R25395

I've noticed quite strange behaviour of the game in the mission.
At the alien round, even just after I entered the mission there are aliens located outside and inside of the ship (harvester in this case).
And as they move:

1. I can't see those aliens moving even though they are just in front of some soldier. e.g. I ended my movement just before some alien, and as he starts to move, he simply vanishes instead of seeing him properly walk away.

2. The game screen starts to move to the position of the particular alien which is currently at the move even though I don't see him (they are inside of the ship, or hidden somewhere e.g. behind some wall or the ship). I know that it worked like when aliens were spotted being moving by some soldier, but in this case, they aren't.

3. This third bug is related to the previous second bug, and it concerned to the shooting.
e.g. when some alien inside of the ship was moving, he just started to shoot at something, perhaps at the civilians or at my soldiers.
But the gun shot ended at the wall of the ship or some building, thus this is different as described here http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=3877.msg28889#msg28889 .
Problem would be that they do see the target through the wall.

Offline Vio

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: strange behaviour of game when aliens shoot at their round - R25395
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 06:52:17 pm »
But the gun shot ended at the wall of the ship or some building, thus this is different as described here

I don't think it is. It's the same behaviour.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 08:46:39 pm »
I don't think it is. It's the same behaviour.

well, I'm just reporting of what i saw. because if it would be the same, then the gun shot would get through, and mine soldier will be hit, which didn't happened

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:59:42 pm »
There are two bugs in described situation - major and minor.

Major one is that sometimes aliens wrongly calculate the possibility to shot, so they are trying to shoot through walls like there would be none of them. This is currently under investigation.

Minor one is that camera following the shooting works in wrong way.

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 11:21:39 am »
There are two bugs in described situation - major and minor.

Major one is that sometimes aliens wrongly calculate the possibility to shot, so they are trying to shoot through walls like there would be none of them. This is currently under investigation.

Minor one is that camera following the shooting works in wrong way.

confirmation on that 2 bugs,happens for me also,one more thing i observed so camera following shoots often is no coordinated with flying bullet.
erm how to say it i see bullet on start then it dissapear and camera still follow quickly in direction where bullet should fly.
work some better when i tottally zoom out.
also big laggy through aliens and civilian turn
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 11:26:06 am by gerald »