project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Whoa! Game-Crashing bug...  (Read 4363 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Whoa! Game-Crashing bug...
« on: July 24, 2009, 04:27:08 am »
I just updated from SVN, recompiled everything, started a new campaign, and on the very first mission two civilians walked into each other, into the exact same space - this crashed the game.

Part of the log says:

ERROR: LET_PathMove: Actor movement is out of sync: 123:115:0 should be 127:115:0 (step 3 of 3) (team 0)

Unless this is something known that I missed previously, I'm going to put more information on the sourceforge bugtracker along with the full log.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I remember something about this when player units were moving, but I've never seen it happen during the civilian's turn.

odie

Re: Whoa! Game-Crashing bug...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 05:36:34 am »
I just updated from SVN, recompiled everything, started a new campaign, and on the very first mission two civilians walked into each other, into the exact same space - this crashed the game.

Part of the log says:

ERROR: LET_PathMove: Actor movement is out of sync: 123:115:0 should be 127:115:0 (step 3 of 3) (team 0)

Unless this is something known that I missed previously, I'm going to put more information on the sourceforge bugtracker along with the full log.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I remember something about this when player units were moving, but I've never seen it happen during the civilian's turn.

Nope. I have not experienced this during civilians' turns either (at least not yet).....

Mine's also self-compiled versions all these while.

Offline Vio

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:25:24 am »
My soldiers were able to walk through civs in the dev version, but I thought this was a feature. :)
Because in 2.21 they often blocked doors and stuff, which at times prevented me from defending them.

I suppose if that enables them to walk through each other, an attempt to adress a civilian at a place where there are two causes errors.

Offline jack1232

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:20:40 pm »
In last post in "Actor is still moving " I describe this problem.

odie

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 04:50:25 am »
My soldiers were able to walk through civs in the dev version, but I thought this was a feature. :)
Because in 2.21 they often blocked doors and stuff, which at times prevented me from defending them.

I suppose if that enables them to walk through each other, an attempt to adress a civilian at a place where there are two causes errors.

Oooo, wait.

Are u saying, vio, that ur soldiers could 'walk through civis' w/o the game crashing??

Offline Vio

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 12:31:28 pm »
Yes. I'll see if i can reproduce it if there is demand, but atm I'm playing with the .ufo scripts. ;)

odie

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 04:04:43 pm »
OOoo, ok. If u could, it might help to provide the console logs, screen shots (possibly?) and maybe even the savegame if its reproducible everytime?

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 02:06:04 am »
Did anyone get this error with a rather recent rev ?

Offline Vio

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 06:32:27 pm »
I did try it again once but then they were "solid" again.
I think the first time I saw this it was when the civilian was blocking a door, so there was no way around him. Not reproduced so far.

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 07:50:29 pm »
as i've noticed so far, civilians are "solid", when position of civlian is known when starting movement

for example when civilian is on the rear side of soldier, and soldier is then moving in this direction, he will see him on movement, but move through him cause on movement-calculation this posiotn wasn't blocking

odie

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 05:47:55 am »
I dun have ani transient civis too.

They have been very obediently solid. Lol.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 08:36:30 pm »
Uhm...'walking through civs' is a known prob and still there afaik.

I was wondering about the 'actor movement is out of sync'.
Anyone got that lately ?