project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Base Building  (Read 4636 times)

grayslayer

Base Building
« on: July 22, 2009, 11:38:03 pm »
OK I know this isn't the full method of posting bugs but this is more an oversight rather than a bug that is repeatable easily and just thought I'd mention it. It's difficult to replicate due to the random base building methodology, but it is possible to have a new base created with the initial stairs in a corner and both possible exits covered by stones/rubble.

Something I would like to see as a "building" is a "clearance building". When purchased it can clear a rubble location enabling a future building in that location. As well as a cost involvement there is also a time factor. As it stands the whole base building process is save, build, don't like tile placements - reload. Like tile placement - save.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Base Building
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 12:10:59 am »
OK I know this isn't the full method of posting bugs but this is more an oversight rather than a bug that is repeatable easily and just thought I'd mention it. It's difficult to replicate due to the random base building methodology, but it is possible to have a new base created with the initial stairs in a corner and both possible exits covered by stones/rubble.

Known problem. I put it on my todo list. ;)

Something I would like to see as a "building" is a "clearance building". When purchased it can clear a rubble location enabling a future building in that location. As well as a cost involvement there is also a time factor. As it stands the whole base building process is save, build, don't like tile placements - reload. Like tile placement - save.

I don't think this will happen. We plan Larger Bases btw.

-geever

odie

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 11:07:23 am »
I don't think this will happen. We plan Larger Bases btw.
-geever

geever,

Just to let u and the rest of the dev team know that, Larger Base according to the proposal is very cool. First time i saw this here in UFOAI, and its a concept from X-Force that i know and loved (fell in love with). :D

Not only is it practical (hangers entrance - only on the surface with perhaps storage on 1st basement, a common stairs for every of the 3 levels, and rooms like command, containment and impt facilities only in basement / 2nd basement. :D Cool. We can probably go into details once we see the base. Hehe.)

Keep it up, and i look forward to seeing this being implemented! *pat on the backs*

PS: Will this be scheduled for 2.3 or 2.4? I haven seen this in 2.3 TODO.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 02:16:57 pm »
PS: Will this be scheduled for 2.3 or 2.4? I haven seen this in 2.3 TODO.

I try not implementing any new features for 2.3 as they can bring bugs in. Sometimes I fail... :D But won't do such a huge change.

-geever

odie

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 04:21:26 am »
I try not implementing any new features for 2.3 as they can bring bugs in. Sometimes I fail... :D But won't do such a huge change.

-geever

I see. So this be in 2.4 i guess.

Btw, can the team start a TODO for 2.4 already? There seemed some quite a bit of features allowable, yet we do not intend on 2.3..... might be a good idea to start 2.4 todo already. What says the team?

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 04:32:55 am »
I think that's a reasonably good idea, if someone were to compile and organize a list of things that are planned but won't be in 2.3.  (Going through parts of the forum and wiki discussion, collecting and making a list and such...)  I would volunteer myself to help if I had more time, but I'm working on a good number of things already...

odie

On 2.4 TODO?
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 05:52:04 am »
Hi Destructavator,

I am pleased to let u know that i have started a thread already here:
2.4 TODO Thread Proposal

I am not too sure of what has been agreed, and i guess i will wait for contributions first. Can pass the word around. If that thread gets stickied, i will update the posts that come in under the bulleted threads.

That way, the wiki will also be easier to get headers headstart.

Then if help is needed, maybe I can help fill us in the meat for the wikis? :P

For the progress of UFOAI! Whhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!