project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How do I fire a weapon?  (Read 2278 times)

ravalox

How do I fire a weapon?
« on: July 18, 2009, 12:38:15 am »
This sounds silly but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this?  Tried clicking the weapon, clicking the target, pressing F, space none of it works and the manual doesn't seem to cover it.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: How do I fire a weapon?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 02:08:32 am »
You want to click on the crosshairs box right next to the weapon, I think its blue - If you're hovering the cursor over the right thing you should have a tooltip pop up that says "primary fire mode."  Click on that, then you'll get a menu with firing options, different ways to shoot with the weapon.  Click on the box with the type of shooting you want, then you'll get a red line from the soldier to whatever you want to shoot, and finally left-click to end that red line on the alien, bad guy, whatever, and it should fire.

Sorry I don't have a screenshot handy...

Edit: Depending on what version you're playing, you should also have a tutorial slideshow you can access from the main menu, look at "Tactical Mission."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 02:10:44 am by Destructavator »

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: How do I fire a weapon?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 11:11:55 am »
The mentioned box with type of shooting can also be grey, if you are not heaving enough time units left for this type of shooting

have a look at screenshots ;)
Version: 2.3 developer