project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Missions will not start in R25071 if full screen  (Read 1633 times)

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Missions will not start in R25071 if full screen
« on: July 16, 2009, 03:58:00 pm »
  Version

* Where did you download the version of the game and what version(-number) is it. Please be as verbose as possible here.
UFO:Alien Invasion > Technical support > Windows (Moderators: Mattn, Hoehrer, Winter, Zenerka) > Links for 2.3 Development Binaries - Full Builts & Incremental Builts Only
UFOAI Developer's Built 2.3 R25071
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2009, 05:41:23 AM »

System

* What operating system do you run UFO:AI on?
OS Name   Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version   5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

* What computer and graphics card do you have? (graphic driver version if you know)
Processor   x86 Family 15 Model 55 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2204 Mhz
Name   Sapphire RADEON X1600 PRO
Driver Version   6.14.10.6806

* What architecture does your system use (e.g. like i386, x86_64)
System Type   X86-based PC

What happened before the bug occurred? Is the bug reproducible?

The bug itself is often just a symptom of things that happened right before (or often even a long time ago).

Some things to check:

* The first thing we ask you is to check if you can reproduce the bug. The simpler the reproduction-steps are, the better.
Every time you try to enter a mission when playing in full screen, the game vanishes, and does not continue. You can enter the mission if you are not full screen. If you try to change to full screen during a mission you began in windowed mode, the game is at the geoscreen when you return from the options, and your dropship is at base, as if it never moved.
    * Does the bug also happen when starting a new game or only after loading a saved game (most likely a bug in the load/save system)
The bug happens during new game or load game, and it happens every time I've tried it.
I attempted to take a screenshot since while running with the ufo console, the game appeared to freeze with a mostly uninitialized screen. It still exited, but took a while longer.

As requested here are the ufo console logs. I had to split them in two due to the 1024kb size limitation on attachments. After I had done so, I learned that 1 meg was the total compression size, which a zip file couldn't reach even at best compression. As a result, I had to rar the files. I had to rename the file since the rar extension is not accepted. Please let me know if you need a different file format, and I can make multiple posts in that case.

This is a rar file, not a log file.