project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: I can't change resolution on vista?  (Read 3948 times)

Offline yunchang83

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
I can't change resolution on vista?
« on: July 14, 2009, 06:37:43 am »
I hope someone could help me on this problem. i have searched in this forum that everyone who changes the resolution, does not produce any problem. While for me, i am using vista service pack 2, running ufo alien invasion 2.2.1. when i want to change to full screen mode and/or change the resolution to 800x600, the whole game shuts down automatically. even when i try to change to other resolutions, the same problem occurs. i also tried to use the console to change the resolutions, same thing, problem comes up. anyone has any idea how to solve this problem?

odie

Re: I can't change resolution on vista?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 06:51:50 am »
I hope someone could help me on this problem. i have searched in this forum that everyone who changes the resolution, does not produce any problem. While for me, i am using vista service pack 2, running ufo alien invasion 2.2.1. when i want to change to full screen mode and/or change the resolution to 800x600, the whole game shuts down automatically. even when i try to change to other resolutions, the same problem occurs. i also tried to use the console to change the resolutions, same thing, problem comes up. anyone has any idea how to solve this problem?

Are u able to try downloading a current 2.3-development version and see if this problem occurs?

Or if u r doing a self-compilation, download the latest SVN trunk, compile and test (dun do this if u r not very technical). :D Just keep to one of the binaries the folks here have compiled for beta testing / debugging.

Offline yunchang83

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:16:03 am »
oh, do you know where to download the current 2.3 develpment? i've been to the download section, but all they show is for debian and ubuntu. i need a version for windows. any idea where? or you could possibly provide the link to me? thanks!

Offline yunchang83

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 07:29:59 am »
thanks for providing the link Another Guy. i will try it out when i am home and let u all know the results. thanks!

odie

Where to Download 2.3 Development Builts
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 11:03:41 am »
oh, do you know where to download the current 2.3 develpment? i've been to the download section, but all they show is for debian and ubuntu. i need a version for windows. any idea where? or you could possibly provide the link to me? thanks!

This link (Thread to Latest Downloads for 2.3 Developer's Built) is a thread dedicated to links for the various folks here who are doing compilations for themselves as well as providing them for others who find it hard to compile themselves (technically or simply being lazy lol).

Kindly note that this may be buggy (in terms of gameplay) and not balanced yet.

However, they should provide u with insights into whether the drivers is an issue. And another thing, to get the resume function and allows faster downloads, observe the instructions of nakido. :D

Thanks. Toodles.

Offline yunchang83

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 05:31:01 pm »
hi odie, thanks for the link. it is working great now. it solved the window/full screen mode issue and also solved the resolution issue. thanks. :)

odie

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 04:36:33 am »
hi odie, thanks for the link. it is working great now. it solved the window/full screen mode issue and also solved the resolution issue. thanks. :)

Eloz Yun Chang (U guan yu in 3 kingdoms? :P),

Glad its working for u well. Have fun! :D

Feel free to share your feel and feedback. Though i would highly recommend u search the forum to see if the point has been made.....

If u have a problem, just post ur questions in the relevant section! Alot of nice folks down here! :D

U might wish to spend quite abit of time to scroll these forums to see its development since (as 2.3 already is thousands of revisions ahead of 2.2.1). U might even consider trying 2.3 development, if u cant wait for 2.3 stable to be released. Mattn (the head person of this proj) is working on the 2.3 stable release time and is trying to get a more 'predictable' shorter release framework. :D

Until then, have fun on 2.2.1 until u r bored and wanna try 2.3 development. I assure u, it ROX 10000% better already. lol. :P

Toodles!

Offline yunchang83

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 11:36:14 am »
hi odie,

i initially like that character guan yu a lot, but switched to zhuge liang, haha...

but anyway, i was a fan of x-com apocalypse and replayed it a lot of times. although i never played the other 2 previous x-com series, but i believe they are as great as it is. that was y i wanted to try out this game over here and it was a great experience. hope they will stabilize it and give more functionalities to the game and make it as close a mimic to x-com apocalypse as possible because it is really fun playing this game! i like it! :D

odie

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 04:18:19 am »
hi odie,

i initially like that character guan yu a lot, but switched to zhuge liang, haha...

but anyway, i was a fan of x-com apocalypse and replayed it a lot of times. although i never played the other 2 previous x-com series, but i believe they are as great as it is. that was y i wanted to try out this game over here and it was a great experience. hope they will stabilize it and give more functionalities to the game and make it as close a mimic to x-com apocalypse as possible because it is really fun playing this game! i like it! :D

Ooooo, I LOVE ZHUGE Liang! Lol. He made Sima Yi 'pek chek' (hokkien meaning frustrated) and shamed even in his death! Lol. So witty dude.

Aniwae, i doubt this will be a 'mimic' of xcom apocalypse, since this is UFO: Alien Invasion after all. Haha. But i am sure, like me, u will be as entertained, if not more than XComA. :P

Have fun! Alot of positive experiences for me and many others since. :D