project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Soldier selection/order  (Read 3492 times)

Offline dzs

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Soldier selection/order
« on: July 11, 2009, 12:57:31 am »
I'd have the following not closely related ideas:

1. During the missions the selection cursor (brick?) is sometimes hard to see (depending on lighting settings and environment). Either a setting for color/thickness would be nice and/or the lighting should not be applied to it (display always with actual RGB).

2. When equipping the squad, the 1-8 key selection would be nice and probably easy to implement. Also the up/down (mouse wheel?) could select the next/prev one. This latter would also be very helpful when hiring soldiers (to find one with specific abilities)

3. I equip the soldiers with weapons that's appropriate to their abilities. Though the order is quite random like assult/sniper/bolter/bolter/sniper/etc... It would be nice if the order of the soldiers within the squad could be changed.

4. A list of well documented commands suitable for bind* would be greatly appreciated :) Also, as much commands for keyboard binding as possible. I especially miss the shortcut for the new reserve time for kneeing feature (or I just don't know it?).

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Soldier selection/order
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 01:21:31 am »
Also the up/down (mouse wheel?) could select the next/prev one. This latter would also be very helpful when hiring soldiers (to find one with specific abilities)

3. I equip the soldiers with weapons that's appropriate to their abilities. Though the order is quite random like assult/sniper/bolter/bolter/sniper/etc... It would be nice if the order of the soldiers within the squad

Oh, I've been wanting these for a long time now...

And on soldier recruiting screen a key for hire/unhire and another for renaming. (that's madness on the begining of each month)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:27:54 am by Another Guy »

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:54:49 am »
And another one for coffee?

Offline PhilRoi

• Rookie
  • EMT and Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 01:31:45 pm »
still looking for the "shave and a haircut" button....   I can't say what it actually does since this is a public place ;)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 09:36:21 pm »
The 2nd should be done in the current (remove your old keys.cfg)
The 3th was suggested already (may happen once)
About the 4th it's changing nowadays as the per-menu-binding replaces most of the old ones. Am I right bayo?

-geever

Offline dzs

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 10:15:28 pm »
2. works fine, big thanks :)

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 04:39:00 pm »
geever, yes, maybe everything instead of command with "+"

IMO anybody, with a little understanding of the ui script can update his own keys.cfg to create keyboard shortcut into a button click

THe usage is simple:
Code: [Select]
bindui KEY "NODEPATH"It only work when the window of the node is on top

Offline nueff

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 01:21:25 pm »
It would be nice if the order of the soldiers within the squad could be changed.
IMHO this is really important. For me, not really being able to distinguish my soldiers that well or being disoriented most of the time ("where am I? Who am I? *g*) adds much frustration to the gameplay...