project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Digin_BR Consepts, 3D Models and General Artwork  (Read 13585 times)

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Digin_BR Consepts, 3D Models and General Artwork
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 08:31:31 pm »
Looks real deadly (kinda like a Heavy Weapons Insect). Liked that. Nice drawing. 8)

Only thing that conflicts to UFOAI is the 2 (simetrical) rotary cannons on the sides. Stiletto has a single one on the nose.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 08:44:40 pm »
i was already working on an PROMO for the stiletto...but i was making it diferent from the actual model (the stiletto as i think it was gonna be in real life)...i hurried up a little so it act not only as promo but as project too...

of course its not a 100% remodel, as it was primarily a PROMO, based on the stiletto model, but it stills be diferent and with the problem on weapons solved...(as you can see, there is room the the weapons it carry ingame)

so here it goes, hope you all like the promo, and maybe, the project:

I do like that, actually. It should only have 3 weapon hardpoints in total (otherwise it would be vastly overpowered) and the body could be a little bit longer and less bulky, but it is visually striking.

Can you make that as a model for us? The only thing that really needs to be evident, apart from the 3 hardpoints issue, is that the engine booms can move up and down as well as rotating said engine. If it has that then I don't think I would have any reservations about using this design.

Regards,
Winter

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 09:44:02 pm »
I just gotta say this:  After looking at that picture, I think this easily beats the old, existing model any day with just the coolness factor alone...   8)

I like it too.

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 09:52:35 pm »
I do like that, actually. It should only have 3 weapon hardpoints in total (otherwise it would be vastly overpowered) and the body could be a little bit longer and less bulky, but it is visually striking.

Can you make that as a model for us? The only thing that really needs to be evident, apart from the 3 hardpoints issue, is that the engine booms can move up and down as well as rotating said engine. If it has that then I don't think I would have any reservations about using this design.

Regards,
Winter
About the VTOL capability, current Digin_BR drawining already gives the impressin of moveble engines. But engine support would have to be a little longer for not overlapping with side weapon systems when engine rotates to vertical position.

Digin_BR

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 10:15:43 pm »
About the VTOL capability, current Digin_BR drawining already gives the impressin of moveble engines. But engine support would have to be a little longer for not overlapping with side weapon systems when engine rotates to vertical position.

actualy, i already thinked of that during the production of the picture...

you guys are not noticing one small, but very important detail...the engine wings actualy dont support a straight-down engine rotation...in VTOL mode, they actualy end up like this: ("o" = engines... "//" and "\\" = engine heat and propulsion direction..."O" = chasis...and "-" = weapons)

o   o
//-O-\\

if you take a better look at the PROMO, in the in the edge of the wing where the engine gets rotated, you will notice that out...

and the vehicle is a bit longer, but you cant see the tail (mostly, you can see almost only a small engine on the tail...above the junctuin of the minigun body with its barrels)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 10:19:23 pm by Digin_BR »

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 10:26:59 pm »
actualy, i already thinked of that during the production of the picture...

you guys are not noticing one small, but very important detail...the engine wings actualy dont support a straight-down engine rotation...in VTOL mode, they actualy end up like this: ("o" = engines... "//" and "\\" = engine heat and propulsion direction..."O" = chasis...and "-" = weapons)

o   o
//-O-\\

if you take a better look at the PROMO, in the in the edge of the wing where the engine gets rotated, you will notice that out...

and the vehicle is a bit longer, but you cant see the tail (mostly, you can see almost only a small engine on the tail...above the junctuin of the minigun body with its barrels)
This VTOL explanation for this drawning is good enough for me. :P
Guess it will take only a little adjust on the weapon hardpoints and we have a winner!!!  ;D

Welldone on the art, Digin_BR.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 03:33:14 am »
Looks cool and usable if you ask me. About the VTOL way, it seems like a working one although stability might be a problem (not that pilots could not handle it). Though it looks like that the cockpit floor should be little higher to allow the weapon point underneath it enough room. That and movable engine booms and it's a clear winner.

Digin_BR

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 04:32:39 pm »
Looks cool and usable if you ask me. About the VTOL way, it seems like a working one although stability might be a problem (not that pilots could not handle it). Though it looks like that the cockpit floor should be little higher to allow the weapon point underneath it enough room. That and movable engine booms and it's a clear winner.

nah, i dont think any pilots would have stability problems in it as the angle of the engines is the same(even if theyr not facing straight downwards)...so they counterbalance eachother unstability...anyway, in VTOL mode it only needs to stay upright during takeoff and landing...so any stability problem is minimum...

aboult gunspots, im working on it...

EDIT: more non-priority projects added to the starting post...sleeping untill theris free time to work over em.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:30:07 pm by Digin_BR »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 07:25:29 pm »
let's see a rough texture for the uav to judge it better - the shape is fine - but winter has the final word here.

Digin_BR

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 01:31:30 am »
looks like im gonna have even more trouble than usual with texturing...im having a crashbug in wings3d (3d render i use)...it crashes to desktop when i try to do some actions related to UV mapping (texturing)...no idea of why its happening, but that it didnt used to...probably couse of incompatibility with new videocard drivers or its a bug of the new version of wings3d i downloaded 2 weeks ago(V1.0.1)...but the old one is having same problems now too(V0.99.03)...

im gonna try to fix it asap but no idea when ill be able to work on UV maps again...any textyuring im able to do at the moment is way too poor for showing to public...

during a long reseach on net i didnt managed to find any fix for that...so i started a support ticket at the wings support...i will have to wait for theyr response before doing another research...

sorry aboult inconvenience and delay...

------

while i wait for responses at the support for a fix, i will use the free time to work in the sleeping projects...and on the 3d models...so that time isnt wasted...

Regards.
Digin_BR.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:39:25 am by Digin_BR »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 09:27:41 pm »
@winter: what do you think - i think he's waiting for feedback.

Digin_BR

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 01:56:13 am »
im not...actualy...i just got a break on 3d texturing while i fix the UV mapping problem im having on wings3d...working on consepts meanwhile...ill upload a pack of new concepts tomorow...

also working on the model style winter sugested for the uav, but didnt get any showable result so far...the stiletto is still needing work...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:50:02 pm by Digin_BR »

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 09:00:20 pm »
What happened to this guy and his artwork?

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 12:23:31 am »
What happened to this guy and his artwork?

I've been wondering that too, as well as others here.  In another thread I posted this, when someone asked what happened:

I was wondering that myself - I don't know if he lost interest, if one of the admins accidentally hit a wrong button and killed his account unintentionally, or if he did such a thing himself.  I also don't recall seeing him post a goodbye message or anything.

...Or a glitch in the forum software?

Digin_BR, if you're reading this thread and are having difficulties, please email myself or one of the other admins here and we'll do what we can to recover your account.

If you've decided to leave on your own and don't want to bother to re-create an account to say goodbye, you can also email me a message with anything you would like to say to the community here and I'll copy and paste it here.

Edit: To email me, use the link under my profile picture, or email one of the other admins...

So far, to date I haven't gotten any email or other messages from him, so I really have no idea what happened.  It's a shame, as he had some good ideas and I think he would have fit in...

odie

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 06:54:35 am »
What a shame! OMG!

Did someone deleted his account by mistake or something?

Hmmmm, Digin_BR, if u see this, pls re-register and come back ya?