project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Production time  (Read 12748 times)

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Production time
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 12:21:39 pm »
BTAxis had no quarrel with it so we can go on.

I think the easiest would be calling PR_ProductionRun in every minute and patch PR_CalculateProductionPercentDone to calculate more fractions.
Criusmac, what do you think?

-geever

how much of a hit will that have on performance? especially at the higher time compressions?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 12:30:05 pm »
how much of a hit will that have on performance? especially at the higher time compressions?

Check it yourself. The code is already in the trunk. (No relevant slowdown experienced.)

-geever

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 08:43:42 pm »
hmm, this system makes only sense in a limited way :D
There should still be a limit on producable items per minute/hour/whatever. Only because you have 100 workers doesn't mean you have the items/space for 100 items at a time... correct me if i'm wrong. You won't have 100 machines able to produce rockets, 100 for ammunition, 100 for weapons, 100 for armor etc., you'll probably have 1 per workshop. More workers around the same machine won't make it go faster. Also the theoretical 1 minute per item makes only sense for mass-producable or really really simple stuff, perhaps wooden stakes to drive into the alien's hearts (though i doubt it will go through their armor... and they aren't vampires... eh... whatever :D ), more advanced weapons will just take more time.(cooldown time of metal and other stuff that has physical limitations...).

just my 5 cents on this

i guess there's no way to... hmmm... flag an item as "mass-producable" = 1 per minute or not "mass-producable" = 1 per hour, is there? :D

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 09:07:50 pm »
You can't have that many workers on a base so it could be a real problem. For more than 40 you have to give up something (defence, interceptors, etc.). An other limitation is 5 production per workshop in the queue IIRC.

-geever

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2009, 09:20:43 pm »
You can't have that many workers on a base so it could be a real problem. For more than 40 you have to give up something (defence, interceptors, etc.). An other limitation is 5 production per workshop in the queue IIRC.

-geever

was that an answer to my post?

1st.: with the planned bigger bases as i understand them you will be able to.

2nd.: even if you you substituted the 100's with 50's it wouldn't change some of the points i made at all. For playability reasons ignore the first half of my other post, but i still think a minimum time makes a lot of sense for many items, mainly the not mass-producable ones.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2009, 11:06:45 pm »
Hmm? What the hell you want?

-geever