project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Max cash  (Read 3980 times)

White_Cat

Max cash
« on: August 31, 2009, 07:01:21 am »
Is there a reason why max cash is kept so low? I can hit that number without cheating... Just sell a few ufos you recovered...

Displaying so many zeros is also unhelpful. Perhaps displaying it using two variables might be more helpful...

Like "1,000,000 K" for billion
or "1,000,000 M" for trillion

No one will care about the last 3 digits if they have more than a billion in cash...
No one will care about the last 6 digits if they have more than a trillion in cash...

Various SI letters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilo-

You can set the cutoff point at yotta I suppose... 1,000,000 Y = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 x 1,000,000 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Max cash
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:37:00 am »
Is there a reason why max cash is kept so low? I can hit that number without cheating... Just sell a few ufos you recovered...

Max ufo selling price is about 20k now. Max credits was a decision.

-geever

White_Cat

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:05:52 pm »
Max ufo selling price is about 20k now. Max credits was a decision.

-geever

Right... But keeping it at such a max is a bit... strange... Adding two more zeros would do wonders but would look terrible I guess...

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 06:37:40 am »
Regarding the max, looking at realism, I know that in military/government/law enforcement and such, there are cases - from what I've seen - where if an organization doesn't use money and builds up a surplus, it gets less funding because those that provide the funding think the organization doesn't need as much anymore.  Sometimes people will try to intentionally spend money or create costs so that they increase need, so they get more funding, taking advantage of this.  I've also seen organizations that are required to always break even, never being allowed to have a surplus or debt in funds.

...So if you don't like the max for funds, you could just argue "It's a political thing..."

White_Cat

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 08:45:55 am »
Regarding the max, looking at realism, I know that in military/government/law enforcement and such, there are cases - from what I've seen - where if an organization doesn't use money and builds up a surplus, it gets less funding because those that provide the funding think the organization doesn't need as much anymore.  Sometimes people will try to intentionally spend money or create costs so that they increase need, so they get more funding, taking advantage of this.  I've also seen organizations that are required to always break even, never being allowed to have a surplus or debt in funds.

...So if you don't like the max for funds, you could just argue "It's a political thing..."

This isn't the funding I get from the government... My income is mostly over stuff I capture/sell... The problem is the max amount is basically my maintenance amount :)

It is too low...

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 12:27:49 am »
and what IS the max amount?
I don't see a reason to have a lot of cash IMHO, what for? As long as you can maintain your bases and employees it's fine. It isn't PHALANX's goal to earn money, it's to kill Aliens. Why would you want a billion or even a trillion credits? That would be absolutely useless, the most expensive things cost around 100k, and those are buildings. You don't need money to buy 1000 buildings, and definately not millions of them... even with the upcoming bigger bases ;)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 07:33:21 am »
and what IS the max amount?

10Mill.

-geever

Offline Tlactar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 09:22:53 pm »
how could he have an upkeep of 10 mil? :D That seems like more than enough money for me...

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 11:05:23 pm »
how could he have an upkeep of 10 mil? :D That seems like more than enough money for me...

Well with quite some antimatter storages, my expenses are greater than the money I get from nations. And I do "my job" well. But selling items collected on battlefield and selling ufos make profit.

-geever