project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Compiling for Windows (Thread Tracking for Thyranim)  (Read 27576 times)

odie

Re: Compiling for Windows (Thread Tracking for Thyranim) (Update)
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 10:11:54 am »
Somthing you can try is
Install your selfcompiled UfoAI
and then replace 0maps.pk3 from odie's package

Ah! that is a very workable solution!
For a more secure way of doing this, first, goto ur UFO directory, search for all instances of *.bsp (thats the compiled map files) and delete them. Should have 401 bsp files if i did not remember wrongly (as of today......) Maybe i reupload today's bsp files. Wait.

I give u today's maps archives (25298, now uploading, pend for link ok?), with the last full maps recompilation rebuilt done on friday (25206).

UFOAI R25298 (On Top of R25206) Maps

Okie! 100% Uploaded. A while more. :D

What CPU are you using?

Being curious, do u happen to be using AMD chipset? (Just a wild guess hinting at something).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:47:14 am by odie »

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Compiling for Windows (Thread Tracking for Thyranim)
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2009, 11:06:38 am »
Somthing you can try is
Install your selfcompiled UfoAI
and then replace 0maps.pk3 from odie's package

Renamed Folder "maps" and "models" and copied 0maps and 0models archives from odies-build
-> black models with activated GLSL + Realtime Lighting ...  >:( as everytime...
see screenshot

What CPU are you using?
System: Intel C2D E8400 3,0GHz // 8,0 GB RAM // nVidia GF7300 GS 256MB (to be replaced) // Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1

Recompiled R25299
Log attached

Maybe i reupload today's bsp files. Wait.

I give u today's maps archives (25298, now uploading, pend for link ok?), with the last full maps recompilation rebuilt done on friday (25206).

Downloaded and used, but no change -> still black models...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 12:19:09 pm by Thyranim »

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 04:25:55 pm »
afaik odi is building on a C2D as well

...and if you compile a release build?
Are you using both cores during compilation?
@Odie are you using 2 cores in codeblock

odie

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 05:57:08 pm »
afaik odi is building on a C2D as well

...and if you compile a release build?
Are you using both cores during compilation?
@Odie are you using 2 cores in codeblock

Hi Muton,

I am using C2D alright, on a pentium chipset.
And in codeblocks, i have also configured CB to run in 2 cores mode (i.e. utilize both processors to max speed, same as for the maps i am building). :D

Yupz, how abt if u try:

1) Build a NON DEBUG version, that is under codeblocks, build a release build instead of debug. This will result in a significantly smaller build and files (no debug commands).

2) Build your own build, and since its the pics and stuff relating to maps, use my latest maps archive upload and replace those of ur directory. U might want to backup your own bsp files AS WELL AS the maps components. (Just rename the directory for simplicity laziness sake. )

3) U might want to download say, Muton's MUCH earlier builds and see if it works also. U can also try Destructavator's builts..... if u see theirs as alright, most likely is the way u build, then we can arrest from there. BUT, if u run into same issues when u have their builts, i would likely suspect u might be missing some library files. I rmbr seeing this issue some 3 -4 months back, but it was resolved when i did some drivers updates and stuff. BUT , the BIG BUT here is, i test my game not on the machine i compile.

I.e. i compile everything into installers (using the NSIS script) usually, bringing em home to this lousier computer (laptop, which is dual core too though, but spec of 1.8GHz and running only 768MB ram). It runs usually w/o hassle (except tat the loading is more -.-").

Try these for again ok? :D

If u need me to try build a non-debug mode and upload, let me know. I might be able to find some time to upload both a debug and release build tml. :P Fingers-crossed.

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 11:29:02 pm »
PROBLEM LOCALIZED !

I do not get any shader-problems in odies-build, because odies-build does not have any shader-files !

when renaming my folder "base\shader" to "base\shader_backup" i can activate GLSL and Realtime-Lighting with my own build and own compiled maps without any problems...
renaming back to "base\shader" the models are black again...

so where's the problem now ???

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2009, 12:02:15 am »
so which shader-version is required?

odie

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2009, 04:11:39 am »
PROBLEM LOCALIZED !

I do not get any shader-problems in odies-build, because odies-build does not have any shader-files !

when renaming my folder "base\shader" to "base\shader_backup" i can activate GLSL and Realtime-Lighting with my own build and own compiled maps without any problems...
renaming back to "base\shader" the models are black again...

so where's the problem now ???

Ah haha, does that meant my compilations are missing something? :P

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2009, 11:57:30 am »
Ah haha, does that meant my compilations are missing something? :P
yeah, the shader-folder or shader-archive

odie

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2009, 03:12:38 am »
yeah, the shader-folder or shader-archive

That is interesting..... I grabbed everything from the SVN le .......

Can anione advise me on the shader parts??

I am btw, recompiling all the maps again as of 25358. I wonder if its to do with the CB. Wondering if mattn geever or destructavator can advise me on this??

Muton: Btw, do u encounter this shader issue??

odie

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2009, 08:04:21 am »
Okie, i checked.

My /base/shaders is valid.

The files within are :(See attached for directory)

So, question is, if my compilations are missing the shaders, does that meant that the nsis did not compile them into the script??

Could one of the developers check for me pls?

Attached also my current NSIS script from the current version, R25358.

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2009, 04:11:21 pm »
as i can understand the attached nsis-script, this script is only searching for pk3-files in base folder and packing them together in 1 installer-file

so which script is responsible to compress the shader-folder to an pk3-file?

odie

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2009, 05:25:10 am »
as i can understand the attached nsis-script, this script is only searching for pk3-files in base folder and packing them together in 1 installer-file

so which script is responsible to compress the shader-folder to an pk3-file?

Not too sure. Should be inside /base/archives.bat now, since they added the line:

Code: [Select]
7za u -r -tzip 0shaders.pk3 shaders\*.glsl -x!".svn"

Shaders should be included now. U might want to download my latest built later, once its up and running.

I do see a couple of updates indicating the current pk3 /base/archives.bat batch file being in a mess and a certain procedure will be introduced to replace this 'mess' as stated in the changelog for R25359.

I be looking forward to see the 'makefile' function that was mentioned in R25359. :D
Though i suspect this is the NSIS script. To be verified. :D

For the records, here's the changelog:

Code: [Select]
* fixed pk3 file creation with the bat file - i will soon remove this mess and...
Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:26 PM
tlh2000 * r25359 /ufoai/trunk/base/archives.bat: * fixed pk3 file creation with the bat file - i will soon remove this mess and the windows users have to use the makefiles, too