project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Production  (Read 6607 times)

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Production
« on: June 25, 2009, 07:14:14 pm »
I have an UFO Fighter on my main production base. It's being disassembled (the same one) for the 4th time now. Production seems to be keeping track of it as it has a negative number on it (should be 1 on first disassemble, -1 for each additional one, so now -2). I'm some hours away from fulling an antimatter storage with a single fighter.  :P
On another base it disassembled a (single) harverster twice, then game declared disassemble was finished.
Very weird...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Radischen

Re: Production
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 07:28:26 pm »
It is impossible in the German version to click the far right taps in Production.
Ubuntu 9.04
Revision 24835

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 10:16:04 pm »
I have an UFO Fighter on my main production base. It's being disassembled (the same one) for the 4th time now. Production seems to be keeping track of it as it has a negative number on it (should be 1 on first disassemble, -1 for each additional one, so now -2). I'm some hours away from fulling an antimatter storage with a single fighter.  :P
On another base it disassembled a (single) harverster twice, then game declared disassemble was finished.
Very weird...

Upload a savegame for it, please. Did you add more (+10 spinner maybe) to the production list?

-geever

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:30:46 pm »
Nope. Just one fighter (and small hangar) to deal with on that base.

Edit: Just noticed that if u cancel production, transfer screen will say u have "-2" UFO fighters.   :P

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:03:04 pm by Another Guy »

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 07:35:58 pm »
This leads to some interesting effects. As I had -2 fighters in stores, with ony one hangar I managed to store 2 scouts (plus -2 fighters=0 UFOs). Then another fighter leading to 2 scouts and -1 fighter on 1 small hangar (=1 craft).

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 07:45:16 pm »
Now I replaced 1 scout for 1 fighter.

Obs. Note that the scout being sold appears at the sell screen as a harverster, but it's really the scout that disappears. This harvester showing instead of the actual UFO being sold happens for me since very earlier (200+) revisions. But result is usually the correct one.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 11:41:31 pm »
Oh man, something is really messed up here. I checked your save when u uploaded. There was -1 fighter in the save (xml) but it wasn't in the debug file (lint). They should be the very same... I'll change the loading code not to load such corrupted saves but first I wanna find out when/how it got corrupted.

-geever

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 11:47:35 pm »
Well, as I said before, what happened is that when UFO got disassembled, production just kept going with another UFO, another... Dunno why. Each UFO dissassembled = -1 UFO in storage count. Just let game flow. U'll se for urself.. -1, -2, -3, -4...

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 10:28:12 pm »
The initial problem was fixed in r24885 and r24886.

There is still an issue: If you add ufo to production queue you can store another one, then you can stop disassembling => you store more than you could.. This part of the code is really bad. :(

-geever

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 10:49:17 pm »
The initial problem was fixed in r24885 and r24886.

There is still an issue: If you add ufo to production queue you can store another one, then you can stop disassembling => you store more than you could.. This part of the code is really bad. :(

-geever
Well, considering that upon disassembling the UFO is actually moved from hangar from workshop, current behaviour seems intended. But the store more than u can hold issue is really weird. Maybe it should be a prompt upon canceling a disassemble (if UFO hangars r full) that the UFO will be destroyed (or more realistic: bring up the sell or replace UFO screen. Same as after a UFO recovery. That should solve it and it is already coded).

Offline Thyranim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 12:31:59 am »
other idea ....
how is the ufo moved from ufo-hangar to workshop?
the workshop cannot hold any ufos...
so leave it in hangar until completly disassembled ;)

the workers are walking into hangar, uninstall really small parts. move them to the workshop and disassemble them into their components, but until the whole disassemble process is finished, some parts of the ufo remain in the ufo hangar, so it cannot be used to land another one, and the workshop does neither have ufo-hangar doors to land it, nor the clamps to hold it ^^

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 12:58:28 am »
Well, considering a workshop is larger than a small hangar and same size as a large one and considering most production bases will max it at 6 workshops, no, it doesn't make sense not moving UFO to workshops completely.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 03:49:17 am »
Well, considering that upon disassembling the UFO is actually moved from hangar from workshop, current behaviour seems intended. But the store more than u can hold issue is really weird. Maybe it should be a prompt upon canceling a disassemble (if UFO hangars r full) that the UFO will be destroyed (or more realistic: bring up the sell or replace UFO screen. Same as after a UFO recovery. That should solve it and it is already coded).

No, it's not intended. The production is queued you would not move a big ufo to the workshop when you have 8 tasks before.. The problem is that producing and disassembling are quite different (from/to storage). Later disassembling will happen at external ufohangars. I don't think it solves the problem.. I wanna do something for 2.3..

-geever

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 07:51:42 am »
Won't UFO hangars system make it on 2.3? I was hoping it would.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 03:03:17 pm »
Won't UFO hangars system make it on 2.3? I was hoping it would.

You mean UFO Yards? They probably won't go into 2.3.

-geever