project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Living dead in R24765 (And other things)  (Read 2176 times)

Titan

Living dead in R24765 (And other things)
« on: June 20, 2009, 10:22:08 pm »
I noticed that in R24765 (I love Ctrl+V), when I kill an alien, they stay in the animation they were performing at the time, IE, if it was walking and killed by reaction fire, and you kill it, it stays on that square, with the walk animation. They are still holding their weapons, though they also appear on the ground. Would be a very minor bug, except the game won't let you move through that square. Once you start your next turn, they return to normal, dead aliens.

I also noticed that the little alien counter in the top right will go into the negatives when I kill one. It was... odd...

Finally, several times, I've wound up ending my turn looking at an alien several squares away. When they start, they perform their melee attack animation, but start moving (looks like their floating) while they do it. My man, of course, dies. I can't tell if it's just doing it out of sequence, but it seems like they kill my guy, then move away, as if they didn't spend the TUs getting next to him.

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Living dead in R24765 (And other things)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 10:36:16 pm »
I noticed that in R24765 (I love Ctrl+V), when I kill an alien, they stay in the animation they were performing at the time, IE, if it was walking and killed by reaction fire, and you kill it, it stays on that square, with the walk animation. They are still holding their weapons, though they also appear on the ground. Would be a very minor bug, except the game won't let you move through that square. Once you start your next turn, they return to normal, dead aliens.
Yeah, I noticed it too.

Finally, several times, I've wound up ending my turn looking at an alien several squares away. When they start, they perform their melee attack animation, but start moving (looks like their floating) while they do it. My man, of course, dies. I can't tell if it's just doing it out of sequence, but it seems like they kill my guy, then move away, as if they didn't spend the TUs getting next to him.
U might want to have a look here.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:41:31 pm »
Im having serious issues with actors being out of sync. I cant do a mission becuase the server crashes on my second turn.
Something about the syncing needs to be done. I, again, suggest a force sync of some sort.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 09:32:37 pm »
living dead should be fixed in current trunk

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:53:52 am »
Not entirely. Death animations and models are fixed, but bodies are still targetable as if it where alive (even counting hit chance %). No crashes from doing so though. Just a shot in the air.  :D

Well, since it's not causing any crashes doesn't seem critical though.

[attachment deleted by admin]