project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Unable to run 2.3dev-24943  (Read 2862 times)

JozefHovan

Unable to run 2.3dev-24943
« on: July 02, 2009, 04:17:59 pm »
I succesfully compiled ufo-2.3 dev version on my computer and I am unable to run it. I did exactly whats mention on debian compiling wiki page. Isn't there some new undocumented dependency on some library?

Ufo fails immediately at start up (it opens black window for a moment aprox. 200 miliseconds)

My configuration: Debian Linux squeeze x86_64, Intel graphic card

There is output of console: http://pastebin.com/f7f8e275c

Can anybody help me, what is wrong?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to run 2.3dev-24943
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 04:27:10 pm »
Your video card driver segfaulted...

-geever

odie

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 09:05:30 pm »
Your video card driver segfaulted...

-geever

geever,

Does that meant his hardware is malfunctioning / ram pagenation error??

Or simply his drivers is KOed??

Or simply random segmentation error.......

Segfaulting is quite a very generic term..... looking at his error, it seemed to point many directions.

Back to JozefHovan, is this problem repeatable everytime for u when u load the game?

JozefHovan

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 03:51:23 am »
Back to JozefHovan, is this problem repeatable everytime for u when u load the game?

Yes, it is. I waited for 2 weeks that the problem is not temporary issue in SVN, but game behaves the same all the time.

Is there any way how can I disable to use this driver in mesa? I will try to do some tests, whether OpenGL is working correctly...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:02:19 am by JozefHovan »

odie

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 09:08:08 am »
Yes, it is. I waited for 2 weeks that the problem is not temporary issue in SVN, but game behaves the same all the time.

Is there any way how can I disable to use this driver in mesa? I will try to do some tests, whether OpenGL is working correctly...

Hmmm, i supposed u r running this mesa driver in Linux environment?

Is it possible for you to download the another linux-based driver (not mesa) and install that and see if it works now? At least u r able to test OpenGL. (Not too sure which other game / program runs OpenGL in linux here.... u could also test by running that program).

I am not too familiar with OpenGL on Linux cos my linux machine used mainly for file server purposes..... U might want to post this on the Linux forum specifically here in UFOAI. There's a couple of whizzes there. :D

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 12:12:06 pm »
Intel "videocards" are known to be useless...

-geever

odie

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 07:56:51 am »
Intel "videocards" are known to be useless...

-geever

Man! Hahahaha, u have 2 5^s here! Intel's stuff are intelligent on the outside, idiotic on the inside.

They have so much issues (even their motherboard, worse if u have integrated intel graphics.....). Better to just change the graphics card to even TNT or Geforce....... lol.

Back to our friend's frustrations..... have u tried to change the drivers? Or if u have a spare graphic card, do what i am suggesting next - (which really was wat i was rambling abt earlier) : Change the graphics card! Intel should just stick to processors. Not Graphics.