project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Essence of XCOM-UFO.  (Read 14498 times)

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Essence of XCOM-UFO.
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 04:05:05 am »
@homunculus:-
Again. Please do not bring in any UFO:AI. It is not approprate in this thread...(this topic).[...]
yeah, and how would i have reasoned why i like % based shooting for gameplay?

because, as we can see in ufo-ai, speed becomes a super stat if it is affecting so many things, right?

or, more precisely, if it affects so many roles, like both the scout and shooter roles.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:12:19 am by homunculus »

Sirine

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 03:26:51 am »
@homunculus:- I think....every games has its rules, if you play the game and break the rules, it means cheating.
If the rules is well define and BALANCE. It will be a good game and everybody loves to play. Example:- The chess games. or maybe sports games.

as for the % based shooting for Xcom-1, I believe it is one of the BEST BALANCE rules that enhance game play experience. It guaranty that you only able to fire certain shoot, or do certain action in one turn. And as the game advance further... it still maintain the rules. (you can only fire 1 aim shoots).

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 01:18:44 am »
@keybounce:- Well, I'm happy that you can 'Feel' the tension of this senario.

The purpose of the above senario, is to demonstrate, you have the 'game experiance' of, 'fear',' what should I do next', and 'plan' accordingly.

Most of the time, we will just walk in and kill the alien, which happends in lots of other series of xcom, and tactical games like JA2. But not in xcom1, 99% if you walk in that room, you will be receiving multiple reaction fire from the alien. And most of the time, they are not alone.

Try focus on the game play experience, what the game make you feel... that is the essense of xcom1.
ja2 have reaction fire and at end of scenario sometimes heavy reaction fire :)anyway i agree first 2 parts of x-com rules i tried apocalypse but its another atmosphere there