project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: couple of bugs - R24654  (Read 1718 times)

Offline MXcom

• Rookie
    • View Profile
couple of bugs - R24654
« on: June 14, 2009, 03:39:06 am »
Since I read somewhere that the Harvester ramps were fixed, I decided to give this a shot again (I was discouraged to do so for a long time by the inaccessible stairs). Unfortunately only some of the Harvester ramps were fixed, and many other stairs still don't work.

Of course I've also encountered the crashes back to geoscape with either "negative TU cost" or "actor movement out of sync". Anyway, that was already reported several times, so I'll report some other bugs I've run into.

1) In a tactical mission, use a weapon that has multiple possibilities for reaction fire, e.g. the laser rifle. You can use the 7 TU or the 10 TU fire mode for reaction fire. Select the 10 TU fire mode as reaction fire mode, and reserve TUs for one shot. Now the game should prevent you from spending TUs if the action would lower them below 10 TUs. However, by shooting, you can get below 10 TUs. If this happened, you can't even click the button to un-reserve TUs anymore, it's stuck.

2) I think this bug exists since long ago, I've seen it in a version some time ago already. In geoscape, get a UFO (fighter) to attack your craft. Now, click your craft and order it to go somewhere. The UFO will adapt to where you clicked in a strange way. It seems to go somewhere mirrored to where you order your own craft to go. This way you can "remote control" the UFO quite well - I've managed to maneuver one right into a nearby SAM site and then let it go forth and back a bit inside the range until it was shot down.
edit: maybe I should rephrse that one a bit: You can do this with any UFO that is "flying towards your craft". As soon as you recieve such a message, the UFO is linked to the movement of your craft in this strange unique way. If you're flying towards the UFO, it will fly towards you. If you're flying towards some other point, the UFO will either still fly towards you, or to some other spot in the other direction. Set time to something slow (5 sec) and try out some different target spots for your craft to see where the UFO will go...

3) The fact that you've recovered a UFO from a mission and that it's delivered to a base does not seem to get saved! Complete a mission successfully, when asked what to do with the UFO, order it to be brought to a base of yours (with fitting UFO hangar). Save the game. Load the game just saved. Play on, and there won't ever be a UFO delivered to the base :( (also the recovery message in the mailbox is gone IIRC).
edit: I just read this one already been reported by another guy, called "Another Guy". ;)

4) Actually there's another one, except it's maybe rather NYI than a bug: the off-base UFO Hangar does not seem to work. I can build it, but can't select a UFO to be shipped there after a successful mission.

Hope these bugs aren't all known already. And hope the rest of the harvester ramps (and the other stairs) get fixed soon ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:02:25 am by MXcom »

Offline MXcom

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: couple of bugs - R24654
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 04:41:44 pm »
Okay, I just read in another thread that bug #3 was fixed. What about the others? Anything new? Or can't you reproduce it and I need to give some more detailed descriptions?