project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: base \ workshop \ production limit  (Read 5220 times)

base \ workshop \ production limit
« on: June 12, 2009, 01:09:53 pm »
Hi,

can somebody tell me why mine "production limit" on the base's workshop is on the half size of the workshop capacity?
e.g. i have the workshop capacity = 40 , and the production limit is only = 20.
how can i get it (the production limit) to the full workshop capacity, or to remove it to work on 100%.

btw., i'm using the latest development release from the SVN.
thx

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: base \ workshop \ production limit
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 02:27:10 pm »
do you have enough workers?

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 03:21:43 pm »
well, what does it mean, enough workers?

on that base (one of latest build) i have for now 37/37 (ready/all) of them, and when possible (if any new are available), i'll hire new people.
and the max. place in the living quarters is 60. and as i've already said, there is 37 workers , while the production limit is 20 , and the working capacity is 40.
i've thought that if perhaps some building is missing, or something like that.

ralthor

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 06:51:33 am »
As far as I can tell the production limit is always half the workshop capacity.  I don't know what it means, but you still produce faster if you add another fully staffed workshop and you can certainly 'produce' more than the limit in terms of what gets output.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 12:27:59 pm »
yes, but anyway, there should but at least some "official" description about it somewhere, about how it works, or what it precisely means

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 05:49:26 pm »
IMO, it can be a video tutorial, but creating that is a big work and every thing can change, then we should not create it before a "release candidate"

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 09:29:19 pm »
I did not said that i want something complicated. nope. even a simple "tutorial" will be fine

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 10:40:49 pm »
Tutorial videos would be too much data (disc/download). We should put in a simple help menu for 2.3. Tip of the day is fine but not everybody reads it through.
Later we could make a real tutorial: a popup window with orders, flashing buttons on ui which should be pressed and so on. But that's much work.

-geever

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 09:37:32 pm »
in my student times I also had to do some tutorial video, I found 'wink' is good for creating such screencasts, but
1) I won't do that until 2.3 is finalized and
2) I don't know whether it could produce other files than swf and whether these could be converted into something which could be shown in-game
3) BTAxis or somebody else stated a in-game tutorial (e.g. help button on each screen) could be good as it would show the user what he can do on that page (in my personal opinion: yes, that is good but please don't only add x tutorial text popup screens you won't read after all  - I think UFO Afterlight did so...)