project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO Recovery  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
UFO Recovery
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:42:13 pm »
UFO recovery seems kiinda weird. U click some base, then eventually (usually 2 days later) UFO appear on the base. Ihave some questions and 3 suggestions.

Questions:

a) UFO is sended to target base imediattely or after dropship reaches home base?

b) Base distance from crashsite matters for UFO recovery time?

c) Base distance from dropship home base matters for UFO recovery time?

Suggestions:

1) On the screen after u won the battle where u can choose which base u want ur UFO to be recovered to there should be and estimated time of arrival for each base, so u can choose the fastest recovery if u like.

2) There should be an text message on geoscape telling u recovered UFO reached his destination. should also pause the game.

3) Game mechanics such as the questions I asked on this post (and others) should be added to wiki for quick reference.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: UFO Recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 11:59:45 pm »
Not an answer in any way, but here is how it should eventually work.

Nightranger

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:31:34 am »
I kind of looked at it like tank recovery.

1 - You've disabled an enemy tank and eliminated the crew.
2 - You want to recover the tank, so you let someone know.
3 - They now have to get to where you are...
4 - Set up the tank to be shipped...
5 - Get something there that can ship it...
6 - Get it to where it is going.

Just because you've recovered a craft doesn't mean it moves that well with our equipment.

That's the way I look at it.  And I realize this is still in development, so...

odie

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 06:52:05 am »
UFO recovery seems kiinda weird. U click some base, then eventually (usually 2 days later) UFO appear on the base. Ihave some questions and 3 suggestions.

Questions:

a) UFO is sended to target base imediattely or after dropship reaches home base?

b) Base distance from crashsite matters for UFO recovery time?

c) Base distance from dropship home base matters for UFO recovery time?

Suggestions:

1) On the screen after u won the battle where u can choose which base u want ur UFO to be recovered to there should be and estimated time of arrival for each base, so u can choose the fastest recovery if u like.

2) There should be an text message on geoscape telling u recovered UFO reached his destination. should also pause the game.

3) Game mechanics such as the questions I asked on this post (and others) should be added to wiki for quick reference.

Hi Nightranger,

I guess u might want to know that there is a new feature (UFO Yards) where all future salvages will be sent to. It will be a central research / storage point for UFOs. Yupz.

So i guess, apart from probably intended 'transport time', all UFOs will be sent to such a site. :D

Nightranger

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 07:26:16 am »
I've seen the 'UFO Yards' feature.  Does it work yet?  I've built one, but whenever I recover a UFO, it says I have nowhere to store it, so I sells it.  Until my next base comes on line with the UFO hangar(s).

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 11:05:18 am »
UFO Yards not working yet. I checked this UFORecovery stuff but can't find any Load/Save methods. This recovery is a special transfer I don't know why it doesn't use the transfer system...

-geever