project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 3 bugs on R24629  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
3 bugs on R24629
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:32:56 pm »
1) IF u unequip weapons/itens/armour from a aircraft with no space left on storage, it does unequip and the weapon/itens/armour simply disappears. I believe game should either:

a) do not allow it to be unequipped

b) ask if u want to unequip anyway and destroy the items.

2) If you tranfer an UFO from base X to base Y, then capture an UFO of the same type on battlefield before cargo arrives, game lets u revover UFO to base Y anyway (shouldn't). If u do so, recover does not happen in fact. Base Y will end up with only one UFO and the other will disappear.

3) If u recover and UFO from battlefield then save and exit game before UFO reaches target base, when u load the game, UFO seems to be deleted forever (along with the mail message). It will never reach target base.

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: 3 bugs on R24629
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 09:06:44 pm »
Did anyone actually checked this?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 09:34:32 pm »
Did anyone actually checked this?
I planned. I'm quite busy with some exams now but I'll check them.

-geever

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:48:30 pm »
 ;D

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:12:04 pm »
3) Saving ufo recovery is fixed in r24737. Previous saves are loadable but previous (badly saved) uforecoveries not loaded.

-geever

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 01:22:43 am »
Nice geever!

Since There are no new installers for almost 100 trunk modifications so far, I'm triyng to compile last trunk myself to test it, but I'm having little luck so far...

I'll test it as soon as I figure it out.

odie

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 10:58:32 am »
Ah, i am back in town today already after my courses and exams! :D

Should be back in office tml to do a clean compilation! :D Look out for it! (tats if u still have no luck by then. :D)

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 04:03:33 pm »
That would help a lot. thx Odie  :D

Sirine

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 11:03:47 am »
Hi Odie, I'm Malaysian-Chinese. I'm at Penang. Just FYI..haha..
Just being here for a few days. So, basically just browsing the tread..
There are many tread that end suddently...like the one at Chinese Translation... end April 09.
So, I think you guys have the conversation made else where...
My english are fair, but in chinese word sure can help a little in translation...how is the progress?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:41:45 pm by Sirine »

odie

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 03:34:32 pm »
That would help a lot. thx Odie  :D

Eloz AnotherGuy,

No prob with that. In fact, its done abt 6 hrs back. :D U might wanna check out the download @ nakido.

Hi Odie, I'm Malaysian-Chinese. I'm at Penang. Just FYI..haha..
Just being here for a few days. So, basically just browsing the tread..
There are many tread that end suddently...like the one at Chinese Translation... end April 09.
So, I think you guys have the conversation made else where...
My english are fair, but in chinese word sure can help a little in translation...how is the prograss?

Heya Eloz Sirine. (你好! - Greetings in Chinese)

Yupz, welcome to the project! :D I am just one of the fans here, not part of the team FYI.
Oooooo, Penang got WONDERFUL FOOD! Hahhaha, when i go up again, must link up and u bring me ard ok?!

I did wanna to help with the Chinese translation de..... but got stuck with work, and spending quite a lot of time helping to do compilations here, so more ppl would be able to help with the troubleshooting - esp the very sticky and stubborn PF (Path Finding) bug u have no doubt read about.

I will definately wanna get into the translations in depth, once my officer's course (my volunteer job) and my current work - stocktake are all over. And i intend to probably start the translation closer to when 2.3 is more or less ready for beta release. That way, things are more finalised and the MO files are less bugged. :D

So far, on that translation, i have almost completed finished reading what has been translated so far by another guy from China, and i like some of it. But needs quite alot of standardisation and fine tuning. Plus there are quite a huge chunk (esp on infos, and newer storylines) that needs 100% re-translations. Yupz. :D

Maybe u can start by downloading the POeditor, and installing it. Then get the chinese po / mo file and having a look for yourself? :D Then perhaps we can start a thread on synchronising the work, and breaking down the work so we can avoid double work. :D

Welcome to team sirine. oh btw, u can juz call me Tim. :D

Sirine

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 04:51:34 pm »
Hi Tim.. :o just notice that typo 'prograss' haha...
OK. Count me in.
I will download the POeditor and install.
Yupz, welcome to the project! Cheesy I am just one of the fans here, not part of the team FYI.
Oooooo, Penang got WONDERFUL FOOD! Hahhaha, when i go up again, must link up and u bring me ard ok?!
No problem on that.

Maybe u can start by downloading the POeditor, and installing it. Then get the chinese po / mo file and having a look for yourself? Cheesy Then perhaps we can start a thread on synchronising the work, and breaking down the work so we can avoid double work. Cheesy
ok. POeditor, will do that.
where is the po/mo file? the wiki one? A link will be very helpfull.
And,... Traditional Chinese or Simplify one?  龍 or 龙 ?
ok. Just give me the link whenever you start that thread of yours. ;D

odie

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 05:19:54 am »
Hi Tim.. :o just notice that typo 'prograss' haha...
OK. Count me in.
I will download the POeditor and install.No problem on that.
ok. POeditor, will do that.
where is the po/mo file? the wiki one? A link will be very helpfull.
And,... Traditional Chinese or Simplify one?  龍 or 龙 ?
ok. Just give me the link whenever you start that thread of yours. ;D

Hi,

I am working on the simplified SM version. The file should be found in your game directory. Let me see if i can locate...... *pause*

Found. I have attached the 2 files in a zipped up format here.

The "ufoai-en.po" file is the original game file in English (in its original PO format that POeditor uses..... the mo file in your game directory is parsed and should not be used.).

The "ufoai-zh_CN.po" is the Zhenma Chinese translated (partially) PO File. This should be the file to be used. As u can see, the first few pages has yet to be translated. The following quite a bit has been made changes. Maybe have a look and digest first ok?

Then we can start a new thread in the "TRANSLATING" Section. Yupz.

I have a couple of suggestions on that...... We need to identify the critical terms (like single words, terminologies like UFOs, Civilians, Soldiers, Ranks, etc).

Next we can consider working on more single words / item names.

Then we need to edit the current storyline and make it sounds better, so that we can base further text translations based on those standards.

That for a start i guess will take us a while? :D Haha. I would suggest getting all the single items first running, which will really help us esp in the text translation for storyline - w/o that, I already forsee some difficulties.

What do u thnk? :D

Mods - Maybe can u move this thread to translations instead? :D Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sirine

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 08:53:21 am »
Let's start from here.